good ole city life

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
sitting in my living room in wonderful downtown abq. listening to sirens and pitbulls barking. sooo relaxing!
with a loaded 12 gauge at my side and a loaded combat 45 as well as a 357 mag in the next room.
a couple months ago a cop killer was gunned down in the street 3 blocks away
in our first six months here on 2 separate occasions we saw a corpse lying in the street.
and people ask why i am moving...... [S

just like the song says
Way up north, (North To Nebraska.)
Way up north, (North To Nebraska .)
North to Nebraska ,
They're goin' North, the rush is on.
North to Nebraska ,
They're goin' North, the rush is on!
[cl

got a line on a really good 5th wheel hitch for the 28 foot trailer. and I gave notice at work yesterday. at the end of the month i will hitch her up and go meet my bride in north platte Nebraska. a little nervous because I don't have much experience towing big trailers

got a line on a really good 5th wheel hitch for the 28 foot trailer. and I gave notice at work yesterday. at the end of the month i will hitch her up and go meet my bride in north platte Nebraska. a little nervous because I don't have much experience towing big trailers

5th wheels are easy to pull. Nothing to be nervous about.

sitting in my living room in wonderful downtown abq. listening to sirens and pitbulls barking. sooo relaxing!
with a loaded 12 gauge at my side and a loaded combat 45 as well as a 357 mag in the next room.
in our first six months here on 2 separate occasions we saw a corpse lying in the street.
and people ask why i am moving...... [S

I don't need firearms for protection and I live in the city [S

I don't have corpses showing up in the street though...

I don't need firearms for protection and I live in the city [S

I don't have corpses showing up in the street though...

You don't live here.
Are all the house windows where you live barred with barb wire fence? And pit bulls in every other yard?
They are in this neighborhood.
As a Canadian you can't have handguns anyway.
So it is a moot point.

Last edited:
sitting in my living room in wonderful downtown abq. listening to sirens and pitbulls barking. sooo relaxing! with a loaded 12 gauge at my side and a loaded combat 45 as well as a 357 mag in the next room.
in our first six months here on 2 separate occasions we saw a corpse lying in the street. and people ask why i am moving...... [S

Yep... one of the big reasons I'm livin' in the boons. I lived in a very nice neighborhood near downtown & it was a constant freak zone! Mrs Tripper's car got broken into 5 or 6 times... mine twice! Kept a 9 & a 12 by my bed! Still do... haha!!!

BoB

When pulling the trailer take your time. And make wide turns. More then once I've had to just stop and wait on people to move out of the way so I can turn. My big trailer is 53' so it gets interesting getting into residential areas at times.

When pulling the trailer take your time. And make wide turns. More then once I've had to just stop and wait on people to move out of the way so I can turn. My big trailer is 53' so it gets interesting getting into residential areas at times.

yeah
the route i am looking at bypasses all of Denver/colo. springs/Cheyenne.
and leaving ABQ is a cinch traffic wise.
when my wife drives out there i am going to ask her to take my tentative route and see if it'll work

How soon you leaving? I have a couple fifth wheel hitches I would sale. I would be going thru alb. In a week or two.

How soon you leaving? I have a couple fifth wheel hitches I would sale. I would be going thru alb. In a week or two.

i found a like new reese 16k with universal rails
the kind that tilts in 4 directions and easily is removed from the bed for $350

I think I read somewhere that North Platte Nebraska had more Alien abductions that any other place in North America?

If one of those ETs wants to probe you, at least make it buy you dinner & tell you your pretty 1st. :D

Good luck on the move.

What he said & if it starts raining... slow WAY down!!! :eek:

BoB

I think I read somewhere that North Platte Nebraska had more Alien abductions that any other place in North America?

If one of those ETs wants to probe you, at least make it buy you dinner & tell you your pretty 1st. :D

Good luck on the move.

i got my cast iron underoos for just such emergencies.:eek:

towing trailer

I once got a job towing trailers. Pulling out of Va. kinda hilly there. The guy showing me how to hook it up, said no need to hook up the brakes they won't work anyway. What a ride 14'X72' house behind me and no brakes! Downhill and no brakes they whould push the truck. I had to speed up to keep it stright. So i'd be doing 70+ mph at the bottom. I pulled 3 and got to thinking, i don't wanna to die, and i don't need this job! Make sure the brakes work. Good mirrows are a must.

I.R.POPS got this trailer so tucked away in this real tite spot
i'd destroy it and all the buildings getting it out.:eek:
so i am gonna have him untuck this thing.[P
then i will tow it.[cl

Latest posts

Back