Good Source For Mexican Blankets

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are any where from 3-10 dollars. In TJ they are real cheap.

Talk to DMW56 and see when he ever gets to TJ. He could probably get you quite a few for 25.00.

That's what I mean, out west - Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, etc.. they are dirt cheap but not everybody has access to the southwest or Mexico.

hey thunder, thanks for the tip- just wondering if you or anybody here has used this place before.....i really think i'm gonna give it a whirl:p

That's what I mean, out west - Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, etc.. they are dirt cheap but not everybody has access to the southwest or Mexico.

They can be found at just about any decent truck stop, even in the east. The Stuckey's right down the road from me sells them for $8 each or 2 for $15. I have seen them at big chain places like TA and Pilot as well...

You guys have access to me. :D
I can get them at the flea market a few bucks cheaper. I've seen them as low as $5 but usually $6-$8 for the Falsa type blankets. The prices on the serape blankets is pretty good.
I don't think I can get them that cheap.

I've also seen them on ebay. I've sold a bunch there too.

I want a Stuckey's Pecan Log!!! Yum

i haven't found any decent ones around here, and the choices of color, size, etc. was what sold me.....so i ordered the little falsa type...20 bucks at my doorstep-not bad for a seatcover!:D
will try to remember to post my "customer satisfaction rating"

i agree not everyone has access to them they do sell them at a truck stop about 45 mins from me but the choice of colors are very bla so this is really helpfull to some of us thanks for posting the link and if anyone orders please let us know what you think.

That was my thinking too. I've seen them at several truck stops but the color availability always sucked. This site has a dozen different colors available at a good price and and like you said - delivered right to your door.

Glad you found the link helpful.

Thunder

customer satisfaction rating

well the mail just ran a few minutes ago......got a little box from california with my mexican blanket in it.......looks great, the color is almost exactly like the reference pic, and since it was wed. evening when ordered, i was surprised that it was already here.....
thanks thunder1 for the thread-i would def. recommend them as far as i'm concerned...

thought i'd try to give a glimpse of the new blanket...

Attachments

• rat rod build 001.jpg
    rat rod build 001.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 30
  • rat rod build 002.jpg
    rat rod build 002.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 24
Try In Australia

I did a search over here and got 2 Sherps at ....wait 4 it.
$55 au each thats about $65 us at todays rates.
No wonder the build cost me so much ..

Signed by a man with an empty wallet
Tony

Oh man... Cant believe there is a market for those things.:D:p Back in the day here in So Cal they were less thought of than a towel or a sheet for seat covers. They were used only because they had some color in them. I'm about 30 minutes from the Tecate border crossing in east San Diego county. We do a diesel fuel run every other week or so. I will price them out with the street vendors next trip. Probably make more in shipping and handling. :cool:

i just ordered four of them from lathamtrading.com , they cost 10.95 each and 13.02 to ship. i'll post pics of them before and after installing them in my sixty three.

way way

darn,darn,darn

not gonna install the blankets. they sent me two really good blankets, two that dont even match. called the company and they said they were out of the gray for two weeks... the guy said if i didnt like them ti send them back. i made him say he would pay return freight and refund all my money upon return. ups should be here tomorrow to pick up :(

so i guess i'll have to try elsewhere. need to get them on the car before some shows at the end of sept. i'm going to.

Latest posts

Back