Got a ticket the other day that was bogus

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatTruck440

Ok guys I need some help. I need to find a site that shows the max mph of a stock 1946 Chevy pickup with a 216. I got a ticket the other day and the lying ***** said I was going 70 in a 55. I was going 60 but that's beside the point. Since this ***** decided it was OK to lie I might as well tell a fib in court right? There is no documentation that my rig has been modified (it has a 350 and an overdrive LOL) and it sure still looks to be a stock truck so I plan on using that in court. I want to be able to take in information that proves it couldn't even go that fast. If you know of a site with that information I would be grateful if you would post it so I can access it. Friggin cops, what a waste of perfectly good oxygen! I have a CDL and drive bus for my daughter's school and a 15 over the limit would put me out of that. Thanks, Rob

Attachments

• DSCF0342.jpg
    DSCF0342.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 47
You'd be better off to get a lawyer and try to plead down to a fix it or seat belt ticket. You try fooling the judge, and he just might want to look at your truck, when he sees a V8 in place of the original 6, you're busted!

There's lots of lawyers that specialize in traffic tickets for CDL holders. While their fees might be high, it will still be cheaper in the long run than a 15+ over the limit ticket and the points that go with it, not to mention the higher insurance rates......

You'd be better off to get a lawyer and try to plead down to a fix it or seat belt ticket. You try fooling the judge, and he just might want to look at your truck, when he sees a V8 in place of the original 6, you're busted!

There's lots of lawyers that specialize in traffic tickets for CDL holders. While their fees might be high, it will still be cheaper in the long run than a 15+ over the limit ticket and the points that go with it, not to mention the higher insurance rates......

Excellent advice! Get caught lying and that could prove to be fatal to your case...Throw yourself on the mercy of the court like I did. Got me out of a $111.00 ticket. Not all cops and judges ate hardcases!

It looks like you changed the tires on your truck, are they the correct diameter for your truck? If not your speedometer might be off. and if that is the case tell the judge that you were not aware that changing the tire size would effect your speedometer, you were only trying to make your old truck safer by getting new tires. tell him you have talked to a mechanic (since you got the ticket) and he verified this fact and you are making a appointment to have the speedometer fixed. good luck

Don't totally disagree with you sawzall....

It looks like you changed the tires on your truck, are they the correct diameter for your truck? If not your speedometer might be off. and if that is the case tell the judge that you were not aware that changing the tire size would effect your speedometer, you were only trying to make your old truck safer by getting new tires. tell him you have talked to a mechanic (since you got the ticket) and he verified this fact and you are making a appointment to have the speedometer fixed. good luck

but.... heard one magistrate tell the guy that the law says you must obey the speed limit and that it doesn't say you need a speedometer at all....not totally true but you get the jist.... I'd simply tell the judge that you were driving at 60mph according to your speedometer... (although that was still 5 over the limit) you believed you were only "keeping up with traffic". Let him / her know you have an excellant driving record and that you drive for a living....and would ask the court to allow you to show that this is a totally isolated incident, the magistrate / judge will most often give you the benefit of the doubt and might fine you (they gotta get their dollars) but not abstract it to your driving record...that way nobody knows but you, the cop and the court....trying to fudge your way thru isn't the way.... JMHO

Tell the truth about the 60mph. The cop probly has a certified, calibrated radar that you can't beat. In Tennesse, with a clean driving record, they will usually let you pay court cost then, go to a driving school with no trace of a ticket on your record.

One of my drivers got a ticket that he thought I didn't know about. It was time for his annual DMV report. I was waiting to see it on there because he didn't report it to me. He was in his personal vehicle, nothing to do with CDL but our law and policy says it must be reported to your employer. I was shocked to not see it on his report so I ask him about it. He admited it did happen and he went to drivers class and watched some video and they dismissed it.

I have more tickets than most the people on here put together.... And in my travels I have found its just best to pay the stupid ticket and move on with life. If you make a big deal out of it 2 things happen, one you get pulled over by every cop in the area, two the judge learns who you are and that's not good.....

When I was 21 I had jury duty, judge was calling people up "mr ___" "mrs ____" he got to me and said " SAM" all I could think was "awe crap here we go".... Needless to say I wasn't picked....

Excellent advice! Get caught lying and that could prove to be fatal to your case...Throw yourself on the mercy of the court like I did. Got me out of a $111.00 ticket. Not all cops and judges ate hardcases!
Definately the best advice.Dont get caught lying.& get a lawyer !

but.... heard one magistrate tell the guy that the law says you must obey the speed limit and that it doesn't say you need a speedometer at all....not totally true but you get the jist.... I'd simply tell the judge that you were driving at 60mph according to your speedometer... (although that was still 5 over the limit) you believed you were only "keeping up with traffic". Let him / her know you have an excellant driving record and that you drive for a living....and would ask the court to allow you to show that this is a totally isolated incident, the magistrate / judge will most often give you the benefit of the doubt and might fine you (they gotta get their dollars) but not abstract it to your driving record...that way nobody knows but you, the cop and the court....trying to fudge your way thru isn't the way.... JMHO

See the sgt part of sgtpontiac ;) ........ practice this script,I would put money on it:D I got my class 8 when I was sixteen don't ask,which is now my CDL with HAZMAT,TANKER and yes it has to be spotless SO, good luck !!

Tell a "fib" that your truck is a stock 216? Just how does someone else's actions release you from doing the right thing, like telling the truth? His perceived dishonesty makes it ok for you to be?
And FWIW, I had a stock 51 pickup with a 216 and it could go 70 easy.
You got nailed, man up and pay the ticket.

Tell the truth about the 60mph. The cop probly has a certified, calibrated radar that you can't beat. In Tennesse, with a clean driving record, they will usually let you pay court cost then, go to a driving school with no trace of a ticket on your record.

One of my drivers got a ticket that he thought I didn't know about. It was time for his annual DMV report. I was waiting to see it on there because he didn't report it to me. He was in his personal vehicle, nothing to do with CDL but our law and policy says it must be reported to your employer. I was shocked to not see it on his report so I ask him about it. He admited it did happen and he went to drivers class and watched some video and they dismissed it.

I may be wrong, but from what I understand, if you have a CDL, you are no longer able to "mask" a ticket by going to drivers school or anything like that. that is FEDERAL law, which trumps state law. The only thing you can do is try to plead down to a lesser charge, hopefully a non moving violation. Also remember any interaction between you and law enforcement will be recorded on your CSA score, and points scored on the severity of the infraction.

I repeat my advice above, don't pay the ticket or go to court until you talk to a transportation lawyer! Money comes and goes, but a clean driving record is worth protecting!

Tell a "fib" that your truck is a stock 216? Just how does someone else's actions release you from doing the right thing, like telling the truth? His perceived dishonesty makes it ok for you to be?
And FWIW, I had a stock 51 pickup with a 216 and it could go 70 easy.
You got nailed, man up and pay the ticket.

My sentiments exactly.

Phrases like 'I was doing 60 but that's beside the point' could also be rephrased as 'He was only doing 60 not 70 but that's beside the point'

Go to court and talk to the prosecutor or prosecuting officer before you get before the judge. Just explain that you drive for a living and need a clean record. Don't argue with him about + or - 10 mph or he / they will just go through with the trial. Ask to have it "placed on file in lieu of good behavior" for 6 months. If you have a cleanb record then 90% of the time they will. No more tickets and the charge drops off and never shows on your record.

only 10% of all tickets written are fought in court. Of those 10% fought, 90% of those are reduced, thrown out or placed on file. Hope this all helps.

Your Honor... I was not speeding and I believe the officer accidentally clocked the other vehicle directly behind me (or in front of me) that was going about 15-20 mph faster than me

Officer-" what other vehicle. there wasn't another car"

You-"Didn't see another car? soooo you were driving distracted? were you using a computer or radio at the time you failed to observe the speeding car and mistook the radar reading as pertaining to my car?"

Can't help you on this one, but:
A few years ago, like 10 or 20. This judge and a crooked lawyer friend were at a party. Needless to say, they left snockered. The judge was driving and got pulled over by the local county sheriffs deputy. The cop figured to cut them a break being as to who they were, and wrote them for doing 55 in a 45. The judge knew his goose was cooked, but the shyster lawyer told him to plead not guilty and he would represent him. The judge didn't want to plead not guilty as he was as guilty as sin because they were doing 75. Sure enough. they went to court and pleaded not guilty. They beat the ticket because they both testified that they were doing 75, not 55 like the ticked was written. Bam. Case dismissed. Bet that county mounty won't do that again. Only in the UP.

That is why they have a comment section on the tickets..

Can't help you on this one, but:
A few years ago, like 10 or 20. This judge and a crooked lawyer friend were at a party. Needless to say, they left snockered. The judge was driving and got pulled over by the local county sheriffs deputy. The cop figured to cut them a break being as to who they were, and wrote them for doing 55 in a 45. The judge knew his goose was cooked, but the shyster lawyer told him to plead not guilty and he would represent him. The judge didn't want to plead not guilty as he was as guilty as sin because they were doing 75. Sure enough. they went to court and pleaded not guilty. They beat the ticket because they both testified that they were doing 75, not 55 like the ticked was written. Bam. Case dismissed. Bet that county mounty won't do that again. Only in the UP.

The officer should have written down in that area...that the "actual speed was 75 in a 45"...no question that the cite would have stood.....

Latest posts

Back