Got it on the road!!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

Finally, I took the truck out on the road for the first (and second) time. I got all the wiring done with the exception of my stereo and my hazard switch (which I'm not sure how I'm going to hook up)... but she runs and drives!

I do however have a slight issue with my motor. There is a slight knocking or rattling. Being a newbie I don't think I stored my motor properly while I was building the rest of the truck. I think it got some moister in there. We are going to pull the oil pan off tomorrow and see if the rods are shot or maybe... JUST MAYBE... it might be something knocked loose and the crankshaft is tapping it or something (God I hope). If I have to replace some rods and bearings though I have to just do it. Maybe I can upgrade to better parts.

For some reason though I still have a HUGE smile on my face!:

Photo041.jpg

Photo040.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

The front of the cowl lights are amber ... the back are red... just the way it came ( with the exception of an upgraded bulb and fixture).

killer

man yor truk is a killer, sure like the cow catcher up front, as for the headers?? do you get fumes i n the cab? that odor is bad for you man, its the leading cause of ratrod brain disfunction. I know ,been exausted for years.[ddd[cl[ddd

No fume issues. I sat in it while it was idling for a while and never noticed anything. Drove it down the road a couple of times and no fumes. I think it's gonna work.

Very cool! Feels great to take something that was never a car or truck and drive it down the road for the first time. Take a bow.[cl

I think with the way your headers are up you won't get fumes. Should go over your head.

Don

Wiping sweat from forehaed...

Wheeeeeeeeew! I really lucked out. It turns out the oil pan got bent a little at some point and the crankshaft was tapping it. Now I can really take it out for a drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooo!:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back