Got my headers built!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

When I got my coupe, the previous owner had installed headers that went between the engine and frame, with extensions that nearly touched the ground. As I want to DRIVE this thing, I took them off. I bought a header kit from Jeg's and flanges with stubs from Hedman, thinking "How easy can this be?" It wasn't all that easy... I had to heat and re-configure at least half of the tubes. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out; I'll add pipe back to about the front of the rear tires, with a 7" auger muffler on each side to hopefully keep the law at bay. At least now I can start the car and move it in and out of the garage. :D

Attachments

• DSCF1034.jpg
    DSCF1034.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF1033.jpg
    DSCF1033.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 103
I can't get far enough away to get the whole car in a pic. I need to hook up the radiator and a couple other things before I'll be able to move it outside.

cool

they look good.

l had to get the roadster style headers for the 3Osomething and shorten them at a angle on the pipes when they were rewelded back together to clear my tires and frame.

feels good to do it yourself and have it turn out so neat[cl

Later :cool:

pipes added, and more.

I got the pipes welded to the headers, as well as changing headlights (the old ones didn't put out any light), adding front turn signals (tiny, but at least they're there), taking off the snow tires on the rear and putting on 285/70/15 BFG's, and did a whole bunch of work cleaning up messes the PO made.

Attachments

• coupepipeskent.jpg
    coupepipeskent.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 61
  • couperearkent.jpg
    couperearkent.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 47
  • coupesidepipeskent.jpg
    coupesidepipeskent.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 55
  • coupefrontkent.jpg
    coupefrontkent.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 45
Animal, you're making it your own. I'll bet those pipes sound delightful. :cool: My summer daily driver has a small block Dodge and at a dead idle, crawling around a parking lot or show it sounds really cool. :cool: Keep on tinkering.

I fabricated a fresh-air vent from the velocity stack to the breather and added a pcv vent to the other valve cover. The PO didn't have either, and the pressure would blow oil out past the dipstick. :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF1042.jpg
    DSCF1042.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 35
they look good.

l had to get the roadster style headers for the 3Osomething and shorten them at a angle on the pipes when they were rewelded back together to clear my tires and frame.

feels good to do it yourself and have it turn out so neat[cl

Later :cool:

I saw those in your build thread....They turned out really nice! [cl

Latest posts

Back