Got my Olds 455 out and ready to swap

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

42chevy

Rustier Rat Rodder
I got my 455 out of the car and am getting ready to clean it up to swap it into my '42 Chevy, replacing the perfectly good Olds 350in there now. I will do a threadwhen I clean up the engine and bay later this winter. I can't wait for the extra torque this thing is going to put it out. It is a '76 engine so not the highest horsepower but the 350 is a '74 so the difference should at least be noticeable. Just had to share, I pulled the valve covers and is quite clean as well as what I can see of the piston tops. Maybe I got lucky and the engine was freshened up.

Just the exhaust since it is a taller deck than the Olds 350 that is in there now. The nice thing about the Olds swap is externally they are almost identical, same motor mounts, starter location and that stuff is the same. It should be a pretty straightforward swap. Just going to clean up the engine compartmentwhile it is out. I am already running a TH400 so that won't need changed, but the rear end might!

Latest posts

Back