Greetings from Canada eh!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madman

Hey folks! I was turned on to this forum via the Off Road Fab Net (my DD is a rather modified Lada 4x4) in a post by Bonehead, thanks dood! I've been a car (and truck) guy all my life and can only assume I will be addicted until the day I die.
I bought my first car at the tender age of 14, it was a 1928 Essex Super Six. I had dreams of turning it into a hot-rod but never got around to doing much with it. When I turned 16 my dad gave me a Beetle to drive and I fell in love with Bugs quickly. When I blew up the motor in the Bug I ended up selling the Essex to pay for a new motor and started regretting it almost immediately. After being ripped off by VW repair shops I started learning how to fix cars and it quickly turned into my career. I started off restoring Bugs and that lead to restoring and customizing anything that people would pay me to do.
Fast forward a couple of decades and and MANY cars later I'm still at it. A couple years back my dad found the Essex I sold and bought it for my X-mas present. It is sitting in my basement right now but as soon as I can clear up a few projects I am going to start building it, finally! Don't expect anything too fast as I have a long list of customers breathing down my neck but I hope to find some time soon.
Enough rambling, I'm sure you all want to see my baby, pay no mind to the aluminum rim and lo-pro tire, it's just something round that was kicking around. She will be getting steelies with wide whites.
img1360hk2.jpg

Welcome!!!

Madman,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us & please keep us in the loop on u're build! Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!! Kool that u're Dad brought the car back into u're paws!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Welcome to RRR, Madman. Keep us posted when you get to the Essex. Cool Christmas present from your Dad, getting the Essex back.

wow can he find my first car and get it for me? i'll be a good son i promise. lol. nice start. keep us up to date with pics as you go at 'er. welcome to the site. dp1

Thanks for making me feel welcome fellas. I promise to keep you informed of the progress but like I said earlier don't expect anything too quickly I have a million projects to finish before I can get the ol' girl out of the basement and into the garage.

Hey Madman .. if you ever get out to Gimli be sure to come over to my pit and say "Hi" - and let me know if you need a hand getting that Essex out of your basement. Heck, we might even know many of the same people.

Welcome to the site. So your saying that your basement isnt your garage? Lucky guy you can keep one car in the house and others in the garage.

Latest posts

Back