Greetings from Northern Michigan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchie

Hello everybody.
I found this site while looking at another site. This site appears to be alot friendlier.
Like many of you I started working on cars at a young age(14).
I guess my single parent mother thought that I would be less likely to get into trouble under a car in the back yard than I would out running the streets.

I have worked on everything from full restorations to Hot Rods and Customs and I like and enjoy different types of builds.
My current project is what many people call a bobber truck. I am using 1941 Ford car chassis fitted with a 1953 Ford Flathead hooked up to the stock trans and using the stock front axel and rear end. I am also using the original 3 on the tree shifter.

For the body I have a very solid 52 Ford F-6 cab that I have channeled 6 inches and am preparing to chop 4 inches. I am still looking for a box for the project but once the snow melts that may be easier.

I will be running big and littles as well as reversing the spring eyes to obtain a little lower stance. Still decideing about running with the hood and some side panels or hoodless to let the Flatty Shine.
Hope I can contribute to the site in the future.
Torchie.

welcome

a good start to add to the mayhem is a build thread with lots of pics[P

sounds like a solid plan and a good start for a rod[cl

Later :cool:

Latest posts

Back