greetings froom hoosierville

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgeboy67

hello there
another newbie here, just popped in to say hi from indianapolis. currently working on a 1948 dodge d24 coupe. not planning on lots of serious chopping at this point, but lookin at a possible dakota frame swap.

thoughts and advice are welcome

Welcome to the board. If you aren't thinking about serious chopping then FORGET about a frame swap. It's way more work than you think it will be and usually makes a mess of the vehicle. The stock D24 suspension is not bad at all with a few small upgrades. Drop spindles and disk brake kits are readily available. I wouldn't ruin the car with a frame swap attempt...

Welcome to the board. If you aren't thinking about serious chopping then FORGET about a frame swap. It's way more work than you think it will be and usually makes a mess of the vehicle. The stock D24 suspension is not bad at all with a few small upgrades. Drop spindles and disk brake kits are readily available. I wouldn't ruin the car with a frame swap attempt...

the more i read, the more i am leaning your direction. unfortunately, some one already welded a 67 monaco front end under it. it is somewhat of a hack job. so i am just gathering options at this point. i have access to a free 94 dakota frame, and i am working on finding a stock replacement as well. i really want to go the stock route....just depends on whats out there.

thanks for the input guys, pics to come soon as i figure out how to post them

do you know of a source for the spindles and upgrades....i am not finding much online for anything dodge speciffic. i am also looking for a mount to install a 440.

Latest posts

Back