grill shell up date

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo

He talks to the tiki gods!
OK did some cutting, and clecoed it all together, it fits pretty good, only have one little snafu to fix onthe passenger side, will have to do some filling in.

Question to the group, you guys did such a great job of giving me good advise with the rear bumper ill ask you this, what should I do with the grill? I am going to run the radiator in the trunk so i guess i could block off the grill seciton completly.

I was thinking of a flying eye ball ala Bone head, you know build a flying eye ball out of round stock and have the wings be the grill. I have some skecthes but i am undecided.

Your imput is always welcome.

Pablo

Attachments

• grill shell002-1 (Small).JPG
    grill shell002-1 (Small).JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 69
  • grill shell004-1 (Small).JPG
    grill shell004-1 (Small).JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 87
  • grill shell003-1 (Small).JPG
    grill shell003-1 (Small).JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 61
  • grill shell001-1 (Small).JPG
    grill shell001-1 (Small).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 78
sketch of grill

here was my first idea, got the inspriation from Bone Heads custom seat. any advise there Bone Head? I like the idea of working with roudn stock kinda like sculpting. I tried to make the lines flow to make it easier to wok with the round stock.

Pablo

Attachments

• grill design (Medium).jpg
    grill design (Medium).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 71
Pablo,
Use some verticle strips of flat stock and give it the look of stits cut in it from top to bottom.

Or use some round stock and make it look like a jail cell door...:eek:

I like the sketch too. I think I would make the eye 3 D, solid with layers of center and veins. Then I think I would layer in the feather look out of solid sheet metal. I don't think round stock would let most people get the idea of what you are after. Think 3D, but keep it tight to the grill so you have the shape you are after.

I'm thinking about doing mine in some vintage Kelly diamond barb wire I have.
Also look in you local hardware store at the aluminum stock. They have some things that always give me ideas for grille stock. I had some smallish steel flat stock but it was going to weigh a ton when I got it laid out so I nixed than plan.

I like the sketch too. I think I would make the eye 3 D, solid with layers of center and veins. Then I think I would layer in the feather look out of solid sheet metal. I don't think round stock would let most people get the idea of what you are after. Think 3D, but keep it tight to the grill so you have the shape you are after.

Lets see the sketch of the idea.Now you got me wondering what is going to look like.

Latest posts

Back