Grille/rad mounting question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonp51

Whats going on guys. I'm to the point where i'm about to connect the rad to the engine, but i'm not quite sure of the best way to mount the grille. If you guys have any close-up pics or could give me a few pointers, I'd appreciate it.

later,
brandon

Going through that myself and have pretty much decided to make the hood (top-no sides) and grill into one un it and have it tilt foreward on 2 pivots down near the bottom of the radiator. Then there will just be the 2 pins to pull the whole thing off if i need to.

Rods from the shell back to the firewall serve the same purpose. I went with a 4 bolt system to the frame, and no support to the firewall.

Well this is going to be a free-standing grille/radiator with no hood/sides. So basically i'm wondering if i need to mount the radiator to the frame first, then worry about bolting the grille to the radiator...

My radiator is mounted to the frame, and the grille is also mount to the frame, and then the cowl with crisscross rods.

In this pic you can see the grill has a flat cross section and then a bracket that I run a bolt throgh, and to the right the verticle solid piece is my radiator mount.

And another of the angle iron that holds the radiator.

This is obviously the spring mount that also doubles as the grille mount but the holes hadn't been drilled yet.

Latest posts

Back