Ground wiring

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ3100

Many electrical problems in older cars are the result of poor ground connections.

I run ground wires for all the circuits and tie the ground back to the negative terminal on the battery, rather than grounding to the frame. It gets to be an issue about how to connect all those ground wires to each other.

Here's a solution I found at the electrical supply house. Just plug the stripped wires into the connector. They work on stranded wire 12 ga. and smaller. The other photo is my headlight support where the ground splits to the other headlight.

Attachments

• DSC03133.jpg
    DSC03133.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC03134.jpg
    DSC03134.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 37
I sure won't argue that grounds are a large

percentage of the wiring problems.....but most of those issues are due to corrosion due to moisture and other elements....those frame / engine / body grounds need to be checked cleaned and tightened periodically....but who does?? Not many.....certainly the block type connector is a great idea but where to place it out of the elements is the difficult issue....but I like that type of connector and given a nice dry spot I think it would work out really well....JMHO....

Latest posts

Back