Harbor Freight Alert!!!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What!?!?!

I went to HF today & they didn't have either of those units @ $9.95. I think I saw the ones but they were still $39.95. I was gonna pick several up but...

BoB

Grrrrrrrrr!!! :(:( I just got off of the phone with HF headquarters in California. Evidently, their sales are NOT NATIONAL, but only in some stores. He said this item can be bought on line, but it is $ 19.95, not $ 9.95 like our store has it at.

I am so sorry guys, I thought I was helping everyone to a good deal here. I am just so used to sales being nationwide, like when I worked for Boat US and West Marine. Sales came out of the home office and every store had the same deal.

Anyway, I am posting a picture of the box in case anyone wants to keep an eye out at your store, it might go on sale there, or be on sale right now.

Once again guys, sorry for the false alarm. :(

Don

Attachments

• harbor 004.jpg
    harbor 004.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 20
  • harbor 006.jpg
    harbor 006.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 5
Crusin'!!!

Check the store price, it may be $ 39.95, but on line it's $19.95 he tells me.

Don,
Thanks, I'll get one for $19.95... that's still cheap!!! I need something decent to spray primer with & I dragged my Nova out, put the top down & cruised up there for fun anyway!

BoB

I picked up one of these about six months ago because of the $10 price, but I haven't had a chance to use it. I'm glad everybody is having good experiences with them.

Has their quality improved? The last time I bought from them was ten years ago and it was all garbage. I don't want to sound like I am bashing but two bad experiences out of my two experiences with them sealed it for me.

I think it all depends on what your buying. Most of the time you get what you pay for, but for $10 you can afford to throw the thing away after a couple of uses.

Mine was a 5hp compressor duty motor. Assorted hand tools, gravity feed paint gun and assorted other things. The things just felt cheap when I got them and didn't last long at all. I am certain as with most other things, they have improved the quality of their items, especially since they are putting stores in all over the place. I went back to Craftsman, Snap on and Ingersoll Rand tools and Sata paint guns. My experience was just an attempt to save a couple of dollars and buy import stuff rather than what I had always used. The paint gun was intended to be a primer gun but ended up in the trash after three attempts to use it. That might have been my last mail order experience if I am thinking right. Of course that is except for Evil Bay.

I think with Harbor Freight you need to think over your intended use and weigh that against the cost.
I have bought hundreds, if not thousands of dollars of products from them over the past few years.
Overall, I`d say I`ve had very good service from the items I`ve bought.

I had an electric die-grinder fail after about an hour of use. I exchanged it for the next higher model and I`ve probably ported 5 sets of heads with it, among many other uses.
I`ve broken a couple of their $12 ratchets, but what do you expect for $12 ?

If I made a living with my tools, I`d say buy Snap-On or some other expensive tool. But for the weekend warrior I think HB is wonderful.

Update!

Ok... here's an update for the $9.95 spray guns! This turns out to be a national sale but some parts of the country got it B4 others. We got it this weeekend in H-town & I bought 3 spray guns, 1 touch up gun, a engine stand, an engine hoist & a cut-off saw. Super sale with tons of people there! Small compressors for $49.95... mite wanna ck it again if u haven't already!

BoB

it really does depend on what you buy

i wont touch their ratchets, wrenches, sockets, or automotive tools like timing guns, remote starters, etc., craftsman all the way for that stuff

their torque wrenches are a great deal though, blast cabinets, parts washers, cherry pickers, engine stands, all good deals

some electric powered tools are good such as grinders, and chop saws

stay away from their drills

air tools are a toss up- i won't buy them anymore not because they break but because they are ineffcient and i have a fairly small 30 gallon compressor (sears)

anyways, just depends on what you get

Everybody has pretty much summed up the quality at HF. Some stuff if good and some is crap, you have to pick and choose. None of it is going to be SnapOn quality, but as mentioned, you get what you pay for. Personally, I don't need the highest quality hand tools because I don't turn wrenches for a living. If I did, I would probably want the best I could find.

Just last week our shop compressor went out in the middle of priming and painting Don's T, and it was on a weekend when I couldn't call Eaton Compressor. So we ran over to HF and bought a 3 hp, 21 gallon compressor on sale for $ 149.00 (regularly $ 199.00) Darned little thing did the job and kept up with the spraygun and we were able to finish the job until our new motor came for the big compressor. We are going to keep it around for those jobs where you want to wheel it up to a car and use some air tools, or in case our big one goes out again. How can you beat it for $ 149 ??? :D

Don

Latest posts

Back