Has anyone made there own windshield sun visors??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thadssedan

I want to add an outside sunvisor to my 54 pickup, but dont want to pay the prices people are asking for them... Has any made there own, if so could you please post up some pictures. Thanks

Sorry... haven't made my own but a friend has a fiberglass one on his car & it's horrible! It vibrates if you go over 45. He can only drive the surface streets & not on the freeway.

BoB

I made one from the front edge of a car hood and used 2" water pipe cut at a sharp angle and quartered for the corners to match the edge to the top. No pics--predigital.. Looked pretty good though--O'corse everything looks good way back when :).. Use that 'soft focus' of time.

PA41

This is one of those times when having access to a scrap pile helps. Like PA41 said using a car hood, or other preformed shapes cut to fit. I find it really fun to do this sort of thing. I like brazing and pop riveting stuff :D show us what you come up with Ts.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this. I took some sheetmetal and was playing with that idea today. I am going to take some round rod and come up with a design and fill it in with sheet. The rod should make it stiff enough that it shouldn't vibrate with the wind. Now to come up with a cool design........ the fun part..

I was thinking of starting a thread like this. I took some sheetmetal and was playing with that idea today. I am going to take some round rod and come up with a design and fill it in with sheet. The rod should make it stiff enough that it shouldn't vibrate with the wind. Now to come up with a cool design........ the fun part..

ive done the same no pics im not done yet but its lookin killer[;)

i have seen one made from a section of roof... ill have to see if i have a picture of it.. (on my computer at home)

Now that i think about it i have a few pictures of hand made visors.. ill try to get them up tonight.. but tonights kinda busy.. so no promises

Latest posts

Back