Has anyone mounted relays in the front?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I checked my 2000 Chevy 2500 which has the relays and fuse panel under the hood and it's not sealed, just covered. Condensation hasn't been a problem there either - of course I almost never wash it.

I'm in the process of machining a better looking cover. I will use foam tape to seal the lid and RTV to seal the wires into the grommets, but mainly I want to keep dirt and water out. The relays are potted, so terminal corrosion is the only potential problem from condensation. There is always a terminal block in that location anyway, so I don't think there is a probability of any additional problems.

I had just meant that being metal, it would tend to condense water more easily than say plastic, as metal changes temperatures rather quickly.

I'm sure it will be fine! =)

I had just meant that being metal, it would tend to condense water more easily than say plastic, as metal changes temperatures rather quickly.

I'm sure it will be fine! =)

I always appreciate additional thoughts, that's why I post stuff. I really hadn't considered condensation and it's a valid concern, especially with the 22 gauge stainless pan. I'll seal it up to reduce the air flow and not worry about it.

Here's the finished cover with foam tape, but minus screws.

The relays are wired, ran the wiring to the lights, fan and left a wire for the horn. Ran the wires that will plug into the bulkhead connector.

Attachments

• DSC03124.jpg
    DSC03124.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03125.jpg
    DSC03125.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back