Havin some fun

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowdrive

My 18yro son and I were somewhere in the middle of Iowa on the first day of the HRPT this summer when this guy passed us lol.....well after a few minutes DJ who was behind us in the 69 vert pulls up next to me and says something about not having a hair on my @$$ if I didnt catch up to him and ask him to race :p:D well I knew what the out come was going to be , but it was even better than what we figured it would be [ddev [cl

oh by the way that song just happened to be on the radio but worked out alright lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiPkU-8iU2M

These are him when we first saw him :cool:

Picture2546.jpg

Picture2545.jpg

Picture2547.jpg

Turbos are just insane! :D Looks like his are pretty serious too.

Don

Yes sir... I love mine... I keep lookin back through the vid eyeballin his ridiculous setup... I'm still baffled that he spooled somethin so big so quick... Thing is a squirrel muncher...

Edit: I'm a little worried bout his oil supply though... His feed line doesn't look to be much bigger than what I run on my t25 and that has to be every big of a 70 somethin trim...

The spooling up you are referring to, is that "turbo lag" that I have heard about? One night on Pinks Rich rushed some black guy who had a turbo powered car and consequently the car lost. Ken and the rest of the crew were yelling at Rich to alert him that the guy needed to spool it up, but he either didn't hear them or ignored them. The black guy was NOT happy. Rich said "Oh, I didn't know!"

Don

I thought a big turbo was better for the mid-high end and he was probably already running 2,000+rpms. I'd think the turbo was already spinning good. If he goes from a stand still, I'll bet he has serious lag. Just my uninformed .02$. :)

that guy is from my neck of the woods, he lives very near to me cause he is at all the local shows, i have a few shots of the car up close

that guy is from my neck of the woods, he lives very near to me cause he is at all the local shows, i have a few shots of the car up close

The car was very cool......we chatted a little when we cought up with him at that gas station in Keokuk, really nice guy and was having as much fun as we were on the tour :D

LDG is right. The guy lives in our area. At my Wed. old boys lunch we were talking about the car. The chassis was built by a friend of one of the lunch buddies. It is a NHRA certified tube frame using the Triumph front suspension. I was told it runs in the 9's.

Latest posts

Back