hay tripper?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bikes!

I'll have to dig out some pictures of my old hard-tail choppster but now all I have left is a red '75 Honda 350 scrambler. A buddy @ work sold it to me for $100 & said it didn't run & said I probably couldn't get it to run either. Got it running in 15 minutes. It's currently @ another buddy's house but am supposed to bring it home soon! It's what all the hard core bikers ride!!! ; - >

BoB

How embarassing!

Ok... I'll rat myself out! When I was *much* younger I had long hair & a really kool Cal style chopper... but I barely weighed 150 lbs (I told u... this was a *long* time ago). My bike was kikk start only & while I was startin' it 1 day after gettin' gas... that big hog fell over on me & a guy in a very nice business suit had to come over & pick it up off me. WOW... was I embarassed!!! Sold that sucker for 1 w/elec start!!!

BoB

Fare out man,i hate to say it but i have herd that one more than onced !
i have always wanted a kick only shovel or pan chopper for years and i finally got an 83 wide glide and chopped it out back in the summer and i chikened out and put the starter back on at the last minute [i havent got the kick startin down pat yet ]
the local bike club [7 sons,all older guys]all give me heck over chopping it out and kick only,but they always end it with ''i had one when i was younger too,man'' .
But i still see that gleam in there eye when they look at mine !

Found this!

Here's a bike I owned in the 80's. My old brother-in-law & his buddy bought 2 of these Yammi 650 Midnight Specials, really just a Japanese Triumph. After his bud was in a big wreck on his bike & got busted up pretty bad... my B-I-L lost the will to ride. This bike sat for years & he finally sold it to me for $100. Took me about an hour to get it runnin' again.

If I ever told my Dad I really liked a certain kinda car... within days he had one in his driveway. You guessed it... I told him I wanted a Ghia really bad! After about a year... I finally snaked this really great example away from him! Wish I had both of them back!!!

BoB

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 22
That 650 looks just like mine when i brought it home ,befor i gave it the axe!
Them bikes are supper dependableand easy to chop .its the first bike i ever ownedand learned to ride on.
Yea them gias are neat but i wont own anymore vw's,i had too muth trouble out of em.

Latest posts

Back