headlight help

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john's29

I am looking to find headlight for my build. I would like large diameter headlights. Anybody know what car had really large headlights? I saw a car in a magazine but had no article or any info on it.

31 Chevy lights

Here are the lights on my roadster, I went from 7” sealed beam lights to
9” diameter ’31 Chevy headlights.
Not the biggest out there, but the 2” diameter increase really changes the
look of the car. You can find ’31 Chevy lights on eBay regularly...

Check with 24dodge, he has some huge headlights, as well as DA34GUY,
check out his cool Caddy lights here: :cool:

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7102

Happy hunting... '22

rfcn6.jpg

Now those are big 24D

If you can't find a car with large usable headlights, you can use the aftermarket 33/34 lights. They have a 9 inch diameter. That's what's on my car.

Last edited:
I scored a nice set of 9" 30's Chevy headlights last year. At first I thought they might look out of proportion with the grill I'm using but after seeing the pic of your Chevy headlights mounted I think they'll look great on my 51 f1 with it's Allis Chalmers tractor grill.

Thanks for the pics 22! The pictures helped give me a scale of reference for mine.

Thunder1

No Problem....

I scored a nice set of 9" 30's Chevy headlights last year. At first I thought they might look out of proportion with the grill I'm using but after seeing the pic of your Chevy headlights mounted I think they'll look great on my 51 f1 with it's Allis Chalmers tractor grill.

Thanks for the pics 22! The pictures helped give me a scale of reference for mine.

Thunder1

Glad I could help and that someone was able to use the info :D '22

there was a tudor at a show we were at that had some sweet lights. they need a little tlc, but they we big, and fairly deep. i believe their caddilac. ill see if i have a pic, this thing was lowwww bagged all around with a heavy chop. found it, sweet.

Attachments

• l_342cb91ca35df8b6ba123a3648228cf5.jpg
    l_342cb91ca35df8b6ba123a3648228cf5.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 27
there was a tudor at a show we were at that had some sweet lights. they need a little tlc, but they we big, and fairly deep. i believe their caddilac. ill see if i have a pic, this thing was lowwww bagged all around with a heavy chop. found it, sweet.

Big but pretty much useless it looks like. I guess if you don't plan on running at night the big glass front lights are ok. And no doubt with some engineering a halogen bulb could be put inside. I sure wouldn't sacrifice night driving for the look.

ya he actually had a halogen in them, and i assume the tape on the one is from a broken lense. one rock hit with those flat lenses is all it takes.

I plan on using the bucket and glass with a halogen put into it. Any pictures of that 18" light you have?

Latest posts

Back