Heavy metal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I do with it?

• Make a low rider

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Rat rod it

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • fix it to original

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • scrap it

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
I spent some time tonight and got her going ( not great but she runs) [cl I also was able to use the pump to get the cab up, the old owner switched the hoses backward so instead of going up it was actually staying flat:eek: The cab is in fair condition so I will be rat rodding it. Anyone know where I can get a decent frame to drop this cab & engine on????[ddd Yeah I know the pic is hard to make out the truck but at least the damn grain box has been removed !!!!!

Attachments

• 2012-09-19 20.04.13.jpg
    2012-09-19 20.04.13.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 22
Another day in the salt mines

I'm finding it very frustrating to work on this old COE as I have to drive a half hour after work to where it's situated only to find I have now got a blown cylinder so I can't raise the cab without a tractor :mad: Tonight I was checking other things out and BOOM! The ram let go spraying hydraulic oil over everything. With this the cab also came crashing down with me just getting out of the way in time ( I was getting the support rod down to lock it in place) After that I tried to start it as I did yesterday but alas the battery was all but dead, must have a short in the wiring somewhere. My buddy was unable to help me work on it so I just gave up, grabbed the battery and came home. I know when I'm beat by Murphy... I'll try again tomorrow, wish me luck ( good luck that is :D)

It is decided for me the land owner where the COE was sitting has sent it off to be scrapped. Honestly I don't feel too broken up about it as I have plenty of other projects to keep me going over the winter months ahead besides I don't have a place big enough to put it in.

Latest posts

Back