Hello from a FL guy in OR

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dentside90

Hey yall. I currently live in OR because of the USCG. Originally im from Davisville Fl on the FL,AL state line. i have a bunch of kids so i dont get to grease monkey as much as i would like but thats just part of the deal, or as my pop told me part of growing up but i refuse to do that. i am currently building a 1976 f150 super cab its on a 91 250 frame with a EFI 460 and auto 4x4 not exactly a rat rod but with my budget its a do it cheap and do it yourself rig. i consider it my rod and love looking at your rigs regardless. any how nice to meet yall and look forward to jawin and sawin with ya.

here's a link to my build thread its on FTE http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1155936-1976-supercab-body-swap.html

Welcome to the RRR
It doesn't matter what you're workin on as long as you post pics and post in the correct topics.
Here may be some useless information :confused:
"The typical rat rod is a late 1920s through late 1950s coupe or roadster. Early (pre-World War II) vehicles often have their fenders, hoods, running boards, and bumpers removed. The bodies are frequently channeled over the frame, and sectioned, or the roofs chopped for a lower profile. Later post-war vehicles are rarely constructed without fenders and are often customized in the fashion of Kustoms, leadsleds, and lowriders. Maltese crosses, skulls, and other accessories are often added. Chopped tops, shaved trim, grills, tail lights, and other miscellaneous body parts are swapped between makes and models. Most, if not all, of the work and engineering is done by the owner of the vehicle.
Recently, the term "rat rod" (or rat car, as modern cars are not actually hot rods like the name suggests) has been used to describe almost any vehicle that appears unfinished or is built simply to be driven." :D
By this definition yours must be a Rat Truck :cool:

so as far as rat rod origins. according to modern marvels it all started when the salt flat guys were reducing weight and streamlining to get the better physics to go faster. not sure if thats what yall heard but i like to think its true. I have always been fascinated with the flats and one day i'm going and I want to drive not just go. any how thats for the welcomes and its a pleasure to meet yall as well.

Welcome to RRR! Not a bad lookin' truck. Even your donor looked fairly solid. Stick around here long enough and you and your boys will be building a rat by fall. It is addictive.

Last edited:
Nice to have you on the RRR...

Builds are builds and turnin wrenchs is turning wrenchs.....the truck looks good....[cl we'll be watchin.....[P

thanks man i appreciate it. its my first build ever. before i started i could barely weld i'm pretty decent at this point my dad walked me through it and he's good like welding beer cans without burning holes good. any how i'll move my build thread over here FTE is a huge forum and i like it better here.

I'll have to get some pictures but one of my future builds and i mean over the horizon in the future is a dump truck my dad has. he started a roofing business with it back in the 70's. its a 46 ford with a 2.5 yd dump bed. he replaced the motor with a 52 6cylinder and it has a 4 spd with a granny gear top speed is only like 50 and thats screaming because of the gearing. its pretty rusted out but still mostly useable.

Welcome to the forum, and we will forgive you for leaving Florida. :D I had to stop and think because at first I was thinking Oregon had no water so what was a Coastie doing out there, but then it dawned on me Oregon has LOTS of water. :eek:

Don

nice to meet yall too. and yea there's lots of water here in OR, and im doing everything i can to get back to FL. I made a thread for my build http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24612 dont know if that will link to it or not.
nice to meet you too new mexico. i been to santa fe once there's a good resturant there called Marias i believe they had a stuffed cheeseburger thats just about the best thing i ever ate.

Latest posts

Back