Hello from Ann Arbor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnybeach

I have been reading and commenting on posts for a couple months now. It seems like BED likes for folks to have a formal introduction. ;)

I the first rat rod I can remember was a neighbor’s VW bug-turned-pickup with a V6 about 30 years ago. It was unique! In the ensuing years I have had a few older cars including a 56 Chevy, 49 Jeep, and a 74 260 Z—all were on the rusty end of the scale.

For the last 15 years I have been driving newer vehicles but have never lost the desire to have a project car. At this point I am lusting for a Model A sedan but you never know.

My tool collection is better suited for woodworking but I have been building up the metal working skills. Most of our big home remodeling projects are done and the wife only complains about parking in the garage when it snows.

You could call me a tire kicker but I am getting closer. I have come to the conclusion that I will need to buy a prefabricated frame with all the major components, but that still leaves plenty to do. I would not be adverse to purchasing an abandoned project and seeing it through to completion.

I spend most of the day on the computer/iphone/ipad and it is nice to have a RRR tab open to daydream.

Latest posts

Back