Hello from Chicago!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiefWarrant

I hope you all had a great 4th of July! I came across my first Rat at a car show recently and have been thinking about my first build everyday since. I found this great website and have been reading and gaining a ton of knowledge and insight.

I have a chance to build out this 49 Dodge B1B pickup. Not what I really imagined as my first project but it's got a solid frame, decent body, and a clean title. The original motor has a huge hole in it so that's shot. The guy wants $1700 for it. Not sure if that's too much or not. Hoping to get some expert advice from all of you. The 2 piece hood and fenders are in the bed. I've attached a pic of it.

Attachments

• 49Dodge.jpg
    49Dodge.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 29
welcome

pilothouses are cool[cl

mine has a camaro/nova sub-frame from the late 1970's and as whole lot of mods, for ideas, check out some of the dodge truck builds here.

on the H A M B there is a few people who are building them, one guy is putting in a HEMI[;)

Later:cool:

Hi Chief. Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. It may seem to you that 1700 is a high price to pay but, wait a minute, you're getting a near perfect body so you'll save two years in body work. I got the feeling that the truck is fairly close to you so the transport home will cost very little. You'll be done building this truck by next spring and driving it legally. Aren't all these things worth a few hundred dollars to you?
Food for thought.

Welcome to RRR! $1,700 isn't too bad for a solid body and a title. Try to knock it down a few hundred, of course. Plan to keep the fenders on it - those cabs are hard to make look right as a fenderless rod. Check out Skulls build - great looking rat.

Thanks for the welcomes and food for thought.

Skull I read your posts on your truck from start to finish. In one word...inspirational.

I'm pulling the trigger on the Dodge....going to pick up the title today!

Funny side note....my buddy's wife saw the truck and asked if she could borrow it to have some professional pin-up style photos taken next to it. I haven't even turned one bolt on it and it's already in high demand! I know you all like pics so don't worry I'll post one from the shoot if my buddy says it's cool.

Once I get it home I'll start a new thread in the Builds section and my story can begin....

-Chief

allright

ChiefWarrant---thanks for the positive comment:)

ya gotta do a build thread with a LOT of pics.

when the truck is done and your'e out driving around, plan lots of extra time to visit with people, happens a lot with hot/rat rods.

Later :cool:

hello from downtown chicago... my trucks in saint charles though..

Good luck on your build

Welcome to the forum! Having a clear title eliminates a lot of hassles but I'd check to make sure it matches up first.

Beercan

Welcome to the site, great choice, price is in the ball park, can't get one around here for that.
my brother still has my Dad's 1953 Dodge PU. Pick-up I learned to drive in. old fluid drive!, enjoy your build and keep us posted with pics of what ever you decide on!

hello from downtown chicago... my trucks in saint charles though..

Good luck on your build

Corpo - I live out near Aurora. If you're ever in St. Charles and feel like meeting up let me know. I'd love to shop talk and pick your brain a bit maybe see your truck.

-Chief

Latest posts

Back