Hello From Connecticut

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fox Fabrication

Hellooooo everyone...My name is Tom from Connecticut!

A little bit about me!!

41 years old...been out of work since May due to ROTATOR CUFF surgery...Been a Heavy Equipment Mechanic for some time...presently out on Short term Disability...looking to open my own "SHOP" in the very near future. I Can't be climbing on top of machines lugging hyd. cyclinders and getting covered in oil all day...had enough of that!!!

I have always been fabricating since I can remember...and would like to combine my mechanical skills with my passion of performance vehicles...still determining what route to take....but in due time it will all fall together!

I'm presently working on a 1930 Model A Fordor project (see pictures below). I should have this all wrapped up by this Christmas.

Sooo...looking to hang out/ chit-chat with you all.....build up some friendships and what-not, and of course have a good time!

Here are a couple shots of my current project:

1930 Model A Fordor
2x3x.250" Frame
6" front "Z"
18" rear Kick-up
Chopped 6"
Channeled 3"
454 Engine (Very mild..maybe 400 hp at flywheel)
Turbo 350 Tranny---Yes a 350..it is built and have run many a bigblock with em'!
Ford 8.8" rear
Coker 3" WWW skinny tires all around
Speedway Front disc brakes
oh...the list goes on!!

The car is in the BODYWORK/PAINT stage right now. These were my MOCK-UP photos

Interior shots-using seats from a BOBCAT style bucketloader

The floor and decking is .750" plywood

Front view during MOCK-UP

Side view during MOCK-UP

This is a PHOTOSHOP of what it should look like after it gets painted

Also my short claim to fame moment.....

If any of you have ever watched NITRO CIRCUS on MTV......One of their episodes (#7) they were settting some Guinness World Records...One of the records they set was the FASTEST MODIFIED LAWN MOWER @ 61MPH...I built that mower, raced it for a year or so and sold it to MTV for them to perform stunts on, recoded setting and hurting themself!

Tom

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 4
  • mt_nc_107_162861_seg01_01.jpg
    mt_nc_107_162861_seg01_01.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 6
  • mt_nc_107_162861_seg01_02.jpg
    mt_nc_107_162861_seg01_02.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0005-14.jpg
    DSCF0005-14.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 9
Tom,
welcome to "RRR"....Car looks good.

This is a great bunch of guys around here with a wealth of knowledge. Don't hesitate to ask questions, this is a no flame zone.

Big intro with a lot of pics to boot.....

You will be just fine around here.
Welcome aboard.

Anybody who can jump a boat with a lawnmower is alright in my book.

Well it kind of looks like that.

Car looks great, jump in and have fun.
Welcome to the site.

Nevermind ! LOL !

Need to open my eyes I saw Brookfield ! I hope I catch ya at some shows if you can try to make it to the Hot Rod Fall Fallout in South Glastonbury it is a great little show and some of the best rats around!

Welcome Connecticut

Tom that looks like one way cool ride. Glad to see you made it here, its the best! :) Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

52 fordman

RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Thanks for all the replies!!!

Will be at the HOT ROD FALL OUT...just as a spectator...Car won't be back together until mid winter....Then plan on starting a Roadster pick-up project!

Somewhere in between I want to get a small business decided/started as well!!!

I'm not even working a regualr job and there still is not enough time in the day!

Welcome to RRR, Fox. Good intro with pics to boot. Nice looking Fordoor. Great site here. No muss, no fuss, no drama.

Latest posts

Back