Hello from Illinois

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damucthat?

Hi my name is Chris.Borne and raised in IL. I have been around hot rods my whole life. I currently have a 66 stang I got for my wife.But now its time for something new.I decided to build my own rat rod.I have a background of welding and metal fab,so making something from nothing isn't new to me. I have a 47 chevy tuck cab,farm all grill etc etc.... I'm gona put it all on a 99 s10 frame... I can post pix if any of you would like to see what I have so far.I really enjoy this sight......[dr . I hope to make some new friends. hope to hear from u all real soon! Have a good one !! Chris

Welcome Chris,hope you have fun with your project and yes,lets see some pics please.

Well here are some pix..

Attachments

• Maggie Red-halfa truck 017.jpg
    Maggie Red-halfa truck 017.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Maggie Red-halfa truck 019.jpg
    Maggie Red-halfa truck 019.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Maggie Red-halfa truck 025.jpg
    Maggie Red-halfa truck 025.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Maggie Red-halfa truck 028.jpg
    Maggie Red-halfa truck 028.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Maggie Red-halfa truck 022.jpg
    Maggie Red-halfa truck 022.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 8
Oh man,someone chopped that thing right in half,didnt they. Seriously,that looks like a nice cab to start with,keep us posted on your progress.

The pictures you see are of the project,I had to cut a black wall nut tree to get it out far enough to cut the bed off it. It had a plate steel flat bed on it,It use to be a farm truck , just an old work horse ,left in the back 40,the only thin it has been used for the last 20 years is well pretty darn gross !!! The previous owner and his sons would go hunting every year.(DEER) . After the kill,clean they would waunt the antlers to hang up. They would put the scull in the truck cab and let it decompose , they did this for years.The cab was also full of wall nuts some animal (squirrel , mouse,rat,whatever it was ) they were all over the inside if the cab....After I cot the cab home for the next four days I had diarrhea !!!!!!!!!! Last week I went to clean the cab out. I removed the seat BONES ,wall nuts , stick and sooo much other stuff i wont say .After I removed the big stuff I took it to the CAR wash ......YEAAAAA........ after 5$ in QUarters ,a bottle and a half of irish spring body wash it smelled a whole lot better, Bad news I was covered in stuff that came from the truck cab,, and like before I got a bad case of diarrhea. It lasted about 2 days thanks to Jim beam, I got over it a whole lot quicker. I hope you have enjoyed the read..been a bad ride so far but i'm in it for the long haul....It can only get better... right?? .............RIGHT??????? LOL !:eek:

Latest posts

Back