Hello from Illinois

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieselp93

Just wanted to introduce myself and my new project. I'm 20 years old and have worked on cars since I was little. I am also currently going to school to get a degree in Automotive service technology. After going to a buddies house a few times I saw this cab sitting next to his garage, he started building a rod and found a cab in better shape so decided not to use this one so I decided to buy it. It is a 1946 ford pickup. My plans are to mount it on a s10 chassis with all s10 suspension and axle. Power it with a smallblock chevy and a t350 or t400. Any sugestions would greatly be appreciated. I am new to this, my focus has been on my 1986 chevy blazer military truck so I have a lot to learn about these

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 22
Welcome to the site. We always need young blood to keep every thing going. You'll find lots of helpful information from the guys around here. Remember the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. [S
Start a build thread and keep the pictures coming [P

Welcome to the site. We always need young blood to keep every thing going. You'll find lots of helpful information from the guys around here. Remember the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. [S
Start a build thread and keep the pictures coming [P

I'll start a build thread as soon as I get a s10 chassis, I currently don't have any room for storage so the build will have to wait a little.

I'll second that! Welcome and it sure it nice to see some young guys coming on board....keeps all us cagey veterans on our toes!

Welcome to RRR! What part of Illinois?

The S10 frame is not very pretty for a fenderless rod - just my opinion. If you're confident in your welding abilities, there are options.

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I like that era of cab better than the following one. Some guys may argue with me on that.
If you find a Ranger pickup for a donor, you'll make it work, maybe even easier than an S-10.
My build thread is '36 Ford truck on a Ranger' so it's a little bit different than yours but not a lot. Good luck.

Welcome to the site
Any of the small pickup frames will work. You'll either lengthen or shorten one to the correct wheel base.
The long bed or extended cab S10's frame is longer than the old Ford wheel base which allows you to shorten it to the correct length.
The 2 wheel drive rearend is too narrow but, if you found the rearend from a four wheel drive S10 or S10 Blazer they are three inches wider.
If you don't want to tub it, use three inch wheel spacers, on th back, if you want to keep the tires in the fender wells. Use one inch wheel spacers on the front to move the tire out to the middle of the wheel well.

I'm north of Chicago. Yea I know it's not the prettiest and I'm a decent welder. I'm trying to make this a budget build. I just like that I can do a lot with the s10 suspension for cheaper. Maybe later I will pick up a 30s cab and build my own frame. And I would rather do an s10 cause I'm a Chevy guy. The truck will be build Ford tough with Chevy stuff

Welcome from another Illinoian, I'm just south of Springfield. This site and everyone on it is a super source of info. Have fun with the build![;)

Latest posts

Back