Hello from Pleasant Hill, CA!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill-der

Hi All,

like many others have apparently done, I registered at killbillet and was rejected but couldn't figure out why... When doing a google search for killbillet membership criteria, I found this site and saw some great builds and cool people so figured I'd register here.

About a year ago I went to a car show and saw some rat rods among all the show cars and was immediately inspired to build my own from scratch.

I traded my CJ7 for a pile of parts that resembled a car and an engine that supposedly ran, and have been slowly fixed all the crazy crap the guy before me did to get this thing running and hopefully make it somewhat safe.

Looking forward to being part of this forum!

WHat I got:

I think it's a '47 pickup body chopped and channeled with something else for a dash and cowl, 38'ish front drilled dropped suicide ibeam and maybe a late 20's grill shell and an old gas tank I can't identify.

Engine is a early 70's dodge 360/727 combo.

Tore down the motor...
Engine%20Tear%20Down%20016.jpg>

Pulled the motor..
IMG_3816.JPG

Pulled the body and dropped in the semi-rebuilt motor... NO Machine work because it all looked real clean
IMG_4121.JPG

Skipped a few steps, but got it all back together, welded up the grill shell the PO cut to pieces, built some headers and mocked up. Looks way more done that it is, no floor, brakes, driveshat, interior and body is just sitting there... Engine started though!
IMG_4757.JPG

Cool rear suspension work PO did and unidentifed tank ion pretty good shape
IMG_4759.JPG

Youtube clip of the first crank after I "re-built" it (and yes I know I was revving it awkwardly, but I was excited) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YooVM__fhA

Welcome to the RRR Bill. Ain't nothin' wrong with what you have started so far looks good and thanks for the pics we LOVE pics !!![;)

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the forum & glad to have ya! Nice lookin' ride ya got goin' on there & it'll be a blast cruisin' it this summer! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in. Please keep us posted on u're progress!!!

BoB

Good to have you on RRR. We get more quality members from that other place, - It kind of makes me glad they are the jerks they are! Their loss as far as I'm concerned.

Welcome!

Thunder

Welcome to RRR! Thats a cool lookin ride, it's always a good feeling whenever the motor fires for the first time isn't it? You should start a build thread and keep the pics coming!

Latest posts

Back