Hello from Saskatchewan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my name is Nathan and I'm 14 years old and I live in central Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm a beekeeper and I own 6 pigs as well, though my dad buys the feed. I don't have a rat rod or hot rod project or finished project yet, but I hope to one day. I'm thinking one day I might try turning the 1950s chevrolet 1420 series truck into a rat rod. What are your opinions on such a truck being a rat rod?

Nathan

Hello, welcome to RRR.. I like that your taking care of the bees we need those, the pigs are a hand full I know. The 1950'2 truck would make a nice rat rod anything can be a nice rat .... A rat rod is what ever you end up with when your done[cl ..again welcome to RRR from down here in New Mexico.

Welcome from south SK. I don't care for bees, but I like bacon. :D

Sure a '50 Chevy can be a rat rod. Check out the builds section for some ideas. As a matter of fact another Sask boy, RATFINK JR is doing one right now.

Where in central SK are you?

Welcome to the site
In a hardy breakfast, Bee's and chickens are involved but, the pig is committed :)
Plenty of pics on here to get ideas from on the ole truck

Welcome to RRR! Honey bacon .... mmmmm.... [dr I used to love eating fresh honey comb.

If your high school has a welding class - take it. After that it's all about finding the right junk. [;)

Welcome from Southeast Michigan..

Nice to have ya here..... not fond of bee's but I too like bacon!!... [cl
That truck would be a cool RR....and by the way 14 is a great age...I know you probably wish you were 16...have fun and keep dreaming... you'll get older soon enough....enjoy yourself.....i'm sure you'll have that RR down the road....

Thank you all for your welcomes and opinions. I consider honey and the enjoyment I get out of bees worth the occasional sting, though I know some who disagree very highly with that. Sam, I'm home schooled, so I can't participate in things like high school welding classes, but I have the next best thing, a dad that knows how to weld and owns a welder and a cutting torch.

Nathan

Howdy from Oregon

Welcome to RRR Nathan. Glad you found us and are already interested in the car hobby at your age. Learn all you can and always build safely. Ask questions anytime from us and above all have FUN. Steve

Latest posts

Back