Hello from SC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCold65

I don't own or build Rat Rods but I do admire them.
I do own a '65 F100 with the original 352 with a C6. Been tinkering with it some. Installed a 23in Lokar shifter in her this past week. Now I need a Skull knob looking out over the dash. :D

Anyways, just looking for ideas on doing things old school and admiring the rides ya'll spend so much time on to make them look like you didn't spend much time on, if ya know what I mean. ;)

LaterZ

Pictures? Why didn't I think of that? :p

This is my Slick. (The '61-'66 series FORD trucks are called slicks in case you didn't know. ;) )
2m7cfo0.jpg

Nothing fancy 352 2 barrel. It leaks a little oil but it doesn't burn any. :)
9vdvno.jpg

I'll post more details in the builds section.

Welcome to RRR, Stone Cold. Nice lookin' truck. Don't let the site name fool ya, we like just about anything here. We even have a guy that builds electric drag cars. :cool:

Hey thanks for the warm welcome. :D
I'm a diehard FORD man but I like anything that's cool
and there are some Cool rides here.

I've owned a few old trucks, a '55, '72, '69 and a '83.
Matter of fact my '65 has some donor parts from the '69.
Rear end, front end (I-beams), brakes, master cylinder, power steering gearbox, power steering pump,tailgate are off the '69.

Power steering pump bracket is off a '65 Galaxie 500. I got a cast iron 4 barrel intake and a set of chrome valve covers off the Galaxie too.

Just had C6 tranny rebuilt about 2 weeks ago and the shop messed me up. I got no second gear now. They said they would take care of it but I can't get it back to them till after the 4th. working long shutdown hours this week. :(

I've had 5 trannies built by the same shop without a single issue till now so I'm not real upset as long as they fix this issue without me re-pulling the trans.

Hey, I can see my new shifter knob in the first pic. :cool:

Just had C6 tranny rebuilt about 2 weeks ago and the shop messed me up. I got no second gear now. They said they would take care of it but I can't get it back to them till after the 4th. working long shutdown hours this week. :(

I've had 5 trannies built by the same shop without a single issue till now so I'm not real upset as long as they fix this issue without me re-pulling the trans.

Hey, I can see my new shifter knob in the first pic. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Nice Slick, BTW. C-6 has a 2nd gear band - look for info on adjusting it. My Battlerat lost 2nd after the wreck and I was told the band had been knocked off. If it pulls well in 1st and kinda mushes into 3rd, drop the pan, pull the valve body, and look for the two aluminum wedges that tension the band. You should have a bolt threaded into the tranny near the shift selector. I believe you put 10ft/lbs torque and back off 1.5 turns, surprisingly little holding band in place. May be a quick fix for you.

Nice Slick, BTW. C-6 has a 2nd gear band - look for info on adjusting it. My Battlerat lost 2nd after the wreck and I was told the band had been knocked off. If it pulls well in 1st and kinda mushes into 3rd, drop the pan, pull the valve body, and look for the two aluminum wedges that tension the band. You should have a bolt threaded into the tranny near the shift selector. I believe you put 10ft/lbs torque and back off 1.5 turns, surprisingly little holding band in place. May be a quick fix for you.
I took it back to the tranny shop last Fri. and the guy that rebuilt it tried readjusting the band on the side of trans but it didn't do any good.
Hope to take it back Mon and let him fix it since it is under warranty.

Well since our plant shutdown is over and I got today off I took my truck back to the tranny shop this morning and they fixed my trans.
It was a valve body issue. Took them about 3 hours to fix it.

Now maybe I can start working on some things I want to work on instead of things I got to work on. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back