Hello from SW Missouri

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinbison59

Hi, I just found the site this weekend. I was at my son's with the intention of working on his 39 Chevy but we ended up spending most of our work time on this site. Already learned a lot and I'm seriously considering a rat rod build of a 46 Dodge truck. I have the cab and front clip but no bed and no doors. I might do a build thread later but right now I'm in the sorting stages. Thanks for all the contributions everybody makes to this site to help us rookies along

Dan

I'm not home but sometime this week I want to do some measuring on the cab. I read a couple builds today based on an S10 chassis. I'll try to take some picks then and start a build thread after that. I know I will have lots of ????.

Sam Fear I considered going fenderless and we found this site while researching building a frame for my son's 39 Chevy truck. I looked at some of the build threads and pictures and I really like the full fender look. He got an S10 frame with the suspension still on it with his 39 and we are building his frame so we worked out a deal so I got the S10 frame for next to nothing and he got parts he need for another project. Everybody is happy but my wife who is losing her parking place for my build. She's really not to disappointed though because she good like that.

This is my wife's car which I just finished for her retirement present. Fun project.

Attachments

• IMG_6511.jpg
    IMG_6511.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 19
Welcome !!! I have not been here long , but all I have read on this site really sounds like good advice , Plus I have not seen a lot of rude comments about ones ideas about what they were going to do , unlike other sites ive been on :D Which is very cool !!!!!!!!!! I have a modern suspension on mine , and Im taking it out .. going to get a strait axle , and build a tube frame .. Post some pic. of what you have now .. some-one may can find you some doors ,

Latest posts

Back