Hello from West Texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to the site but not new to cars. Just got a 28 Essex that a buddy and I are gonna build into a rat rod. We both have built dirt track cars so I think we are up for the challenge. I am sure we will be posting a lot of question here on this site. Looks like a lot of knowledge on here.
Thanks

welcome to the RRR! i've got to say this is a nice bunch of folks --unless ya don't post pics!:D:D
looking forward to seeing that essex....

HRP

I used to race enduro and was building a hobby stock but they closed the local track here, now I have a monte carlo body and frame that I can't use any more. Hopefully one day another track will open locally here in NM

I raced Enduros, NASCAR Charger and Street Stock Divisions. Lots of fun but lots of money and work. Easier and cheaper to build Rat Rods.:D

Dave, there Hollywood Hills just South of Sante Fe.

They closed HH half way thru the season this year. I was building on the mOnte to race it but when they closed the track it was a moot point. I could leave 45 minutes from the beginning of the first heat and have enough time to unload and get the car warmed up. I really do not want to have to drave as far as Grants to race

hello out there. i am the co builder of the 28 essex in lubbock. i have built stock cars, sport mods and worked on alot of different race and street cars but this is the first of many rat rods to build. we will hopefully keep updated photos of the essex as we go....but i will warn you that the machine is going to have many race car parts and ideas and themes... hopefully we can come up with a well built rat rod that people will enjoy

Latest posts

Back