Hello

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveFoster

My kind of site,
Former drag racer from Chicago, now pavement circle track/hot rodder living in Riverside Cal.for the last 27 years. Love working on old cars if their mine, love wandering around old junk yards and tinkering with multible carbs, shifters, and gauges. My wife says I act like I'm 18 years old, I told her I won't be 18 for two more years, that shut her up for a day or two.

This is too much like braggin, so I think i"ll shut up for a day or two.

Love this site.

Dave Foster

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. We lived in Southern Cal for a while, used to go boating down by you at Lake Perris. Caught a ton of trout by the dam.

Don

Welcome!!!

Dave,
Welcome Mr. Roundy Rounder! Make u're self @ home & feel free to post away! Love to see some fotos of what u got goin' on!

BoB

Logan Square area, got married in 1969, her mom made me give up racing right then and there, saved our money and bought a house in the suburbs, Schaumburg, then Plainfield, and California in 1980, got divorced in 1985 and took up circle track in 87, been racin ever since. Dragraced in the 60's at Oswego, Union Grove, and U.S. 30, there was also a little dragstrip out Northwest Highway many years ago, but I don't think I will ever remember the name of it. Hope this isn't too much information?

Got a 409, nice car but don't think I can race it.

Other side of that dam sits Perris Auto Speedway, half mile banked oval, built for sprint cars but they race just about anything now. They also have an eight mile drag strip there.

Dave, Been to all of them. US 30 is now closed down. I still go to Union Grove. Just was at the Nationals at Route 66. I live right in the city, about 5 blocks from White Sox Park.

...Bruno..

Sox park has moved since I lived there, drove a semi after high school so I knew the city.

Attachments

• 228151088.jpg
    228151088.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 8
Last fall, we play softball three seasons every year in the Riverside area, I'm on a team with some of my son in laws. I was playing first and our shortstop has a cannon, he caught a line drive and fired it to first, it was hooking so I erroneously used my bare hand to guide his throw in case it broke further, it did and I paid for it, got the putout though. By rule, no shown blood on any players, so I had to call timeout and get my bat grip tape, that black sticky stuff, and wrap it up to finish the game, which we lost by one run, totally ticking me off.

Latest posts

Back