Help with 37 gm truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breezy

I found a 37 chevy truck, but it is a 1.5 ton I belive. I want to know what the difference is between these and the half ton trucks. I have tinkered with the 48-53 trucks and the front fenders and hood are different. Are the older ones like this? The truck is really solid and I want to use all I can.

They LOOK the same except for the fenders and headlights, but I'm not sure if they interchange.

Maybe ask the experts here...

http://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/

37_chevy_truck.jpg

37chevy15ton100_0761.jpg

There were some suttle differences but that cab was used from 39 to 46 if you go looking for parts.

Thanks for the help. So now I need to find some good front fenders and a frame. I found a brand new t-bucket frame ,but it has a jag rearend set up on it. I would rather just go with a s-10 or something a little more common.

my friend put one on a 2001 s10 extened cab short box frame and it fit really well. Had to move the motor mounts a head in the frame but there was plenty of room under the under the hood.

Might want to just build your own frame, that is what I would do.

You will be much happier than using an S10 frame or some old rusty hunk.

If you plan to go that route let me know and I can get you some measurments. Front width of frame horns, width behind cab, length from frame horns to rear of cab.

I didn't note where you are located but I have the rear part of a frame, and the the rear crossmembers and trans mount crossmember that I would give you if you picked them up.

Otherwise off to the scrap yard they are going.

Well I'm thinking of going the rat route. So I was hoping to use the t-bucket frame I found. It is brand new with the rearend for 500 bucks. I don't think I can go wrong with it at that price. Have to do some measuring.

In my humble opinion, I would first make some carefull measurements. I do not think a T-bucket frame is going to work under a truck cab. I think if you measure it out, the trucks cab is going to be longer and wider (wider you can deal with) so it won't fit between the front and rear kick-ups. I guess you could just replace those two sections but you are still stuck with the T-Buckets front and rear kick up. Making your own frame is the way to go. That said, I understand, we do what we gotta do. Good luck.

Well I'm thinking of going the rat route. So I was hoping to use the t-bucket frame I found. It is brand new with the rearend for 500 bucks. I don't think I can go wrong with it at that price. Have to do some measuring.

My truck has an old T-Bucket frame under it!! They are pretty narrow, it wouldn't be my first choice, but if it was what I had, I'd use it!
Mine already had some work done on it when I got it, it had some outrigger's welded onto the frame to make it wider! Other than that I don't see it being too much of a problem!! Some Bucket frames are made very light. just keep that in mind, you may have to beef it up if you're going high horsepower!!
A little food for thought!!

Thanks for the input on the bucket frame. I don't think it has a front kick up only the rear has a kick up. I can just add out under the cab. Just a driver so not alot of go go. Maybe a tire fryer once and awhile.

Latest posts

Back