Here's my junk (68 Impala wagon)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
025.jpg

Nice, I like the wheels also.

My opinion? I would either leave it just like it is or...........repaint it in the same colors and call it done if it's already mechanically sound. Looks good to me.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I think I'll leave the paint the way it is, maybe get some understated pinstriping. As for the drivetrain, its got a 396 with a TH400 trans. The suspension and steering need some attention as its waaaay loose going down the road (to the point where its scary!). Thanks again for the ideas and comments!

Matt

Thats the plan. I need to replace alot of suspension components first to tighten it up as well as give it a good tune up. Then I'll be set.

Matt

It would look pretty mean lowered a couple of inches.

Yep, lowered. If you got cash burning holes, lay frame with some bags. Some pinstripes or thin scallops maybe. Give it some time and you'll come up with some other little details. Work on getting the chrome and interior fresh. Possibly paint the rims black? Not sure that will look right with the white top.

Believe me, I've got a grocery list a mile long for this thing! The problem is, I don't have a bottomless wallet, lol. Keep the ideas coming guys;)

Matt

Latest posts

Back