Hey! Hey A Henry J

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
HenryJ003.jpg

A few months ago my friends Terry & Lee, known as Tator here on RRR went looking for a project. They bought a Henry J from a blind guy who has a large car collection. While it looked pretty solid it really needed lots of work. First to go was the poorly installed Mustang II front suspension. In its place is parallel leaf spring straight axle set up from Speedway.

Last edited:
HenryJ004.jpg

The 8" Ford rear end with parallel leaf springs was retained. However, the entire frame, from in front of the rear kick up forward to the radiator support was replaced.

Last edited:
HenryJ006.jpg

Time for tin work. The entire floor, most of the firewall, the inner and outer rockers, doglegs and lower front door posts were replaced.

HenryJ009.jpg

More new sheet metal. The steering column, gas pedal, new power brake assembly and shifter are installed. The original instrument cluster is retained but moved to clear the recessed firewall.

Awesome! A very good friend of mine has a 51. I painted it about 8 yrs ago. He's is now thinking of mini tubs and a straight axle and putting a sb Chrysler in it with a yank. Small as in 400 plus stroker,

HenryJ016.jpg

The big block will need a little paint and polish. Fenderwell headers are parctically a requirement on a nose-in -the air gasser style streeter.

Yep, Tyster36, they are awesome little cars. Nice and light.

j1.jpg

The Big Block in Chevy orange looks really good against the black firewall. Next time the car is outside I'll get some good overall pics.

TheJ004.jpg

Imagine sitting in here with the big block rumbling, a new Camaro along side, and the light changes...:D

I like it when the light changes and I'm driving a rowdy big block:D:D:D

that car is really turning out nice..gotta love gassers!!

[cl who wouldn't love a henry j gasser?![ddev

one of my childhood memories is of a local guy who built a straight axle high altitude "J" sbc 4 spd... a "hotrod" then, would have been called a "rat" if built now...:D

tell 'em they do nice work...;)

Latest posts

Back