Hi from N.C.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooManyIdeas

Hi everyone i have ben lurking here for a while gathering ideas. I am looking to build a 1948 f1 into a drag/street/rat rod (somthing like boneheads truck.) my plans are to build a 2x4 frame and to redo the cab. It will have a cut down bed and it will be powered by a 460 with a c6. The rear will be a 9 inch and i would like to put power steering on it. I'm debating on running a leaf springs or a four link rear what do any of you think. I have a 1941 ford truck front end that i am thanking about using. I would like to run a spring behind with hair pins. but I'm not sure if it will take the stress i plan to put on it. it will have disk brakes on the front but i am not sure if i would be better off with a parallel front end or not. I still want it to ride decent. Also it will have a full interior roll cage and probably racing seats and harness. I'm going for light and stupid fast but i don't want to compromise safety. i am also going to have power brakes. Sorry if my list is scattered, organization is not my strong point. Feel free to give any advice or cautions that you have.This isnt a current project I'm just trying to gather all the parts and my ideas first. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to RRR. I'm also NC. Howdy neighbor. What town you calling home?

Be sure to post plenty of pictures of the build when you get started, it helps to see what you may be talking about when questions arrise, and they will.

The folks around this forum at great and full of info. Dont be shy.

Again welcome.

Welcome neighbor..I'm only 30 miles from tarheel. Drag trucks are kool. I like ladderbar for the rear, easy to set up.
aab017.jpg

By the way we like pictures when you get to it.:D

My second choice was a 460/C6, because I had one. For the power, a four link or ladder bar is sturdy and has less wheel hop than leafs.
Welcome to the site

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am mainly just trying to get my thoughts together at this point because it will be a while before i have the funds to start on this but never the less i need to start finding parts. Also i will be sure to post some pics when i get started. This is one of the few places where i can express my ideas and not be looked at like an idiot for loving anything that runs or that you can make run. Most people don't see what (junk) can be they just see it for what they thank it is.
Thanks again for the support.

Latest posts

Back