Hi, My name is Rich. What a cool ass site.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratrodrich

Hey all, I found this from the H.A.M.B. Site. I think it's cool. Well, I've got quite a few projects and old cars. I've been gathering them up for years and just find it hard to get rid of them. I've got a '32 ford 3 window chopped with a big block chevy. It's a steel and fender less. It was my ol mans hotrod. I'm working on a '39 ford tudor sedan. It is going to be ratty, It has a small block chev in it (i know lame..) but I try to build these cars cheap and I had the motor and trans already. It runs and drives.. Needs glass and exaust. I've also got a shortened up '30 Dodge sedan, Big block chevy powered, and a '51 Merc. It's chopped 6 inches, sectioned 2, and channeled 6 over and olds cutlass frame. It has a 401 nailhead in it. I'm juggling all three of these projects and also a stock running Model A frame that I want to slam on the ground and make a little rat roadster. I also have an early Mopar coupe body '33 or '34. I think it's a dodge. I need a passenger door for it. I have 3 '34 ford pick up cabs. 1 is a roller. I have a '47 fleetline on the ground, a '57 chevy wagon (daily driver) A '33 ford tudor sedan (project) a '52 Buick riveria 2 door Hard top, one owner (project). 2 '36 ford pickups (projects) and more. You can go to myspace and search ratrodrich to see most of these and others. Thanks Rich

Welcome aboard Rich. You sound like a very sick man with all those projects, you are in good company, lots of us are just as sick as you. :D

You mention the sbc engine and it being lame. I kinda understand what you mean, they are undoubtedly the most often used engine in hot rodding, and I am using one for the first time in about 35 years. But they sure are a terrific engine.......dependable, powerful, compact, pretty, etc.

You won't get any of the flack on this forum that you might on some other forums for using one. What is funny is that I hear all the time on some forums about the sbc not being traditional, etc. But right in front of me is a 1959 copy of Rod Builder and Customizer magazine, and guess what they are swapping into a '49 Ford pickup..........yep, a Chevy engine. What I remember about tradition was that we guys who were alive back then couldn't get our hands on one of these engines fast enough to swap into something or other. Yet some rodders now feel that if it doesn't have a flathead, Olds, Caddy or Hemi in it that the car isn't "traditional." :confused:

Look forward to chatting with you on here. :)

Don

Latest posts

Back