hilborn verses inglese weber 8 stack or tripower

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

dont know yet but went to back to the fifties,multi carb setups really got me, runnin a 350 auto stock mainly small cam 300 gears,single 4 barrel runs great,but really like the look of multi carbs,but relibility is very important drive my car everywhere,what say you guys,tripower-hilborn injection,inglese eight weber carbs,or stay where im at[S

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 37
The simple answer is the more components you add, the greater the chance of failure. For reliability, one carb is best, then dual 4s, then 3 duece, then the 8 unibarrels. For cool WOW factor though, nothing beats the 8 unis. On the 302 in the model a, im currently playing with one 4 barrel, but Ive got my eye on the three duece that a friend of mine has on his shelf. The hold up for me is the same as u, do I want to tune it that often.

I ran the tri-power set-up on a stock 350 with a mild cam, stock convertor and 3:00 gears. The carbs were progressive, so the "off the line" performance improved and I got better mileage, unless I got into the other carbs. The tri-power I used came from www.hotrodcarbs. com

If you go electronic injection, it cost more than a blower set-up. Webers either run fine in cruise mode but fail in race mode or visa versa. Everyone I know than ran them, switched back to a 4 barrel.

I run dual 4's on my panel and it runs great. I have progressive linkage so it runs on 2--then 4-- then all 8. Hilborn looks great but it is made for all out performance. It can be made streetable but about has to be perfect. I sure wouldnt be afraid of multiple carbs. They look good and drivabiltiy is good.

I love the hilborn stacks! find a set and convert them to EFI or get a setup that is already EFI! best of both worlds. But then I like the old/modern mix anyways.....[;)

Last edited:
here is an example although it is a hemi

Attachments

• HilbornHEMI.jpg
    HilbornHEMI.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10
Mechanical injection is a bad choice for the street. Webers and an automatic is asking for fouled plugs, in my opinion. The tri-power idea is the only option that you mentioned that is streetable.

I personally would say single carb.

i have a cross fire intake from a vette that i was going to do 6 2's on with 2 working and 4 dumies, but there isn't enough room for that so i'm thinking about 4 singles with the scoop type breathers. would look nice but the tuning would be fun.

I run 2 holley 4bbl on mine and have progressive linkage like outlaw racer said , It works great and I get 14.6 mpg @65 mph with a blown 454 , thm 400 , 3.00 to 1 geared 9 inch and 30.0" tall tires . I love it ! There is nothing more impressive than a multi carb set up .[cl

Latest posts

Back