HOLY SMOKES BATMAN... it'z a scorcher in H-town 2day!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a ya a ya.....a ya a ya.......a ya a ya.....

I'll trade you all for the hell we're experiencing in Colorado right now. Five days of temps above 100, last two days setting hottest temp ever records in Denver at 105, and fires all along the front range. Somebody do a rain dance for us please!

Me do em heap big rain dance..... seriously....I've been watching all that go down out there.....what a waste of beautiful country and beautiful homes...do the think lightning or is it down to arson???? I've heard both talked about on the tube....wish it would rain as much as you need out there....I'll put in a word with the big guy.....

Me do em heap big rain dance..... seriously....I've been watching all that go down out there.....what a waste of beautiful country and beautiful homes...do the think lightning or is it down to arson???? I've heard both talked about on the tube....wish it would rain as much as you need out there....I'll put in a word with the big guy.....

With over a dozen active fires, there are a batch of different causes. The fires near Boulder and west of Ft. Collins were caused by lightning. A huge prairie grass fire was caused by tire blowout followed by sparks when the wheel hit the pavement. I've heard reports that the fire near Colorado Springs was likely arson, as they had over a dozen small arson fires in that area in the week leading up to the big fire there. One of the fires up in the mountains near Fairplay may have been caused by some gun toting bozos shooting at jugs of accelerant - witnesses in the area reported this to local police and they are looking into it. I'm not sure what the causes were for the fires on the southern border or southwest corner of the state were.

Rain dances and words to the Big Guy are much appreciated!

A couple of weeks ago, the wife and I went to Bakersfield. At 6:30 am, it was 87. Driving home, through the San Fernando Valley, it was 92. Got home to Torrance at noon and it was 68.

This morning at about 7:30, I thought of this thread. I was working at about Teamster speed in the shade and as soon as I'd wipe sweat out of my eye more would run in, sweat was running down my butt crack, and I was walking bow legged but my sac was still sticking to my thighs. It was 78 degrees, no breeze.

Yeah, I might take an extra 20 or so degrees of dry heat over that. [ddd

It's 95 right now. 111 heat index. Fortunately the humidity dropped a lot from this morning. :cool:

This morning at about 7:30, I thought of this thread. I was working at about Teamster speed in the shade and as soon as I'd wipe sweat out of my eye more would run in, sweat was running down my butt crack, and I was walking bow legged but my sac was still sticking to my thighs.

Way too much information :eek:

Mav I'm glad you're on the ball.....yoops..I mean observant

I missed that one completely....LOL...yep, way too much info.....:eek:

Im glad its not that hot here on the east coast.....sort of

cid_136F49CE88D2410897B19A7C83A73D84GrantPC-1.jpg

I just started a new job Tuesday with a basement waterproofing company. I was hired to run a service truck but I have to train with an install crew for a month. After not really working the last few months I knew it would be a rough couple of days but I never thought I could sweat so much in a day and still be alive. I am now having a love affair with Powerade and water. 100 degrees outside makes a hot crawl space but at least I have a real job.

We've set record highs around here the last few days, 102 to 104, but no humididty!! I don't think it feels that bad, until about 5 or 6 in the afternoon!
Then it feels like some one turned an oven on!
I don't remember ever having this much heat, with no, (or very low) humididty! I'll take 104 with low humidity ove 90 with high, any time!!
Terrible news in Col. we're all thinking of you guys, and hope it rains real soon!!

Latest posts

Back