Honestly....... Who does this???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
So yesterday I am cruising along in my Jetta.... Push in the clutch, pedal goes half way down, pops and heads straight to the floor.... I am only half a mile or so from a friends house so I pull in there and pop the hood. Slave cylinder broke the flange off and is just hanging there. Further investigation shows this has happened before and the former owner had JB Welded it back together.

And they thought this was a good fix??? Honestly who does this??

Thank god for good friends, my buddy took me back to the house and I got in my truck and headed to work. AND THEN........... he gets out his tool box, takes the cylinder off my old smashed car goes back to his place and puts it on bleeds it out and him and his girlfriend drive the car back to my place and drop it off. When I pulled in my driveway and saw it sitting there I about hit the floor. No comments no suggestions didn't even know he did it till I got home. Friends like him are hard to find.

Who does this? "Wieners" and "Winners" :p The previous owner was obviously a "wiener" and that friend of your's is definitely a "winner". You're right, friends like that are few and far between.
And "Frank" lives on! :cool:

That is definitely a real friend [cl
Few ever have someone to cover their backs much less taking on a task without being asked :cool:
He's a keeper :D

It's those unasked and unexpected things that friends do for friends that are really important. He saw you had a problem and jumped right in to help you out. Very cool friend you have.

Note to self: JB Weld is not as strong as you thought !

Don

What's your friends address? I've got a couple of vehicles to drop off!

That is very cool of him. And yeah, who cobbles together pedals with JB Weld!?!?

Last edited:
That could have been bad you come up on some one and expecting to clutch and you keep going ... probably less than $30 bucks he could have done it right .. (some folks you just cant figure out ) Thats a good friend . and for him to do that for ya ,, you must be a good friend too :D

That is a good friend. But I would just drive it home. I drove my 72 F250 to work in the metro for 2 weeks with a broken clutch pivot. It really isn't that hard. I've driven a lot of them in.

I've had to do that a few times with a fully loaded trailer. Like WB said, timing is everything. Cranking the engine with the tranny in gear can be interesting with a load!

dive it like a big rig (no clutch )

I do that from time to time too but, used to drive a dump quite a bit, no big deal. But this is a little turbo diesel, shutting it off with out cooling down the turbo is kinda hard on em. And I was on my way to Toledo, so stop light to stop light would have sucked.

Really annoys the crap out of the guy behind you when you idle in first for the last 100 feet to a light waiting for it to change.

Heck I do that all the time!!! Just did this morning rolling up to a train crossing with a train rolling down the rails. Guy behind me got up so close I couldn't see his headlights!! Even blew the horn at me!! Whats your hurry not like the train is going to speed up because you are waiting on it?!?! So I slowed down from second to first and rolled a little slower.

Latest posts

Back