Hoping up my Sea-doo, (not rat related)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetondodge

I thought I would share with you a short build thread on my Sea-doo. It is something my father and I love to do together, so it seems appropriate for Father's day. And it's a little different

The plan: Mill down the head, tune the ECU, and install new high performance propellar(impellar).

Result: should be +15hp gains, and wicked out of the hull performance. hopefully I will keep up with my dad's Kawasaki.

Previous mods: Hydro turf traction pads

Note: I thought this would be fun to share with you even though it is not rat-related, please don't flame me!

DSCN1687.jpg

Head
DSCN1688.jpg

DSCN1689.jpg

Removed ECU
DSCN1690.jpg

My dad's Kawasaki(green and black) my sea-doo(red)
DSCN1691.jpg

DSCN1692.jpg

Hydro turf traction pad(great upgrade)

Sorry, For some reason I am having trouble resizing images in photobucket

You won't get flamed on this forum, we even hop up lawn mowers on here. :D

I imagine there is an aftermarket for hop up parts for Jet Skis?

Don

You won't get flamed on this forum, we even hop up lawn mowers on here. :D

I imagine there is an aftermarket for hop up parts for Jet Skis?

Don

Thank you, I am still getting used to the easy going atmoshpere here, very welcoming. I wish all forums were like this one.
There is a fairly large aftermarket for performance parts. Problem is the aftermarket usually follows new skis, Mine is about five years old, and not a very popular model, so this is basically all I can do. My dad's ski, the options are endless.

The market is taking a turn to family oriented machines, The big three seaters are most popular, It is like a big boat on the water, Hard to jump waves and spin them around. there are still a few standups(yamaha and kawasaki), and a few hi-performance two-seaters that are more race oriented

i have a 2001 Yamaha GPR 1200. it is HIGHLY modified. i put down somewhere in the area of 190hp and i have been clocked at around 71mph. there is a large aftermarket for skis both couches and stand ups. mine is a 2 seater but they built it as a "musclecraft" (thier name, not mine). it is a no nonsence design with no rear mirrors, no reverse, honed chines...

with the power and mods that i have i find it rather easy to jump waves and take some hard turns, of course you guys are going to be able to do both better than i am, but that isnt what i was looking for.

if you are looking for any aftermarket parts you can look on PWCToday.com and/or Greenhulk.org I am a member on both sites and have found a few good deals for my ski and that is nine years old now.

Is that the sea-doo X3? where it has the seat but you can take it off and stand on it? i have seen them a few times but never had the oppertunity to take one out.

i have a 2001 Yamaha GPR 1200. it is HIGHLY modified. i put down somewhere in the area of 190hp and i have been clocked at around 71mph. there is a large aftermarket for skis both couches and stand ups. mine is a 2 seater but they built it as a "musclecraft" (thier name, not mine). it is a no nonsence design with no rear mirrors, no reverse, honed chines...
with the power and mods that i have i find it rather easy to jump waves and take some hard turns, of course you guys are going to be able to do both better than i am, but that isnt what i was looking for.

if you are looking for any aftermarket parts you can look on PWCToday.com and/or Greenhulk.org I am a member on both sites and have found a few good deals for my ski and that is nine years old now.

Is that the sea-doo X3? where it has the seat but you can take it off and stand on it? i have seen them a few times but never had the oppertunity to take one out.

We are on the same page, If I bought another machine it would be the new yamaha "muscle craft" they seem pretty wicked. Mine is a dog when it comes to top end or get up and go, but it does fly high.

I will check out those sites, I am interested in some exhaust for my machine.

The model is a 3D Premium, It has several different riding styles. You can pull the seat out of the handle bar and ride moto style, or ride it like a stand up, we even have a go-cart seat for it(which I never use). It is an awesome fun machine soly ment for playing around.

yea, the 3D not the x3. whatever. the newer "muscle craft" are still the GPR but they are the EFI 1300. I have the carbed 1200. main difference is 100cc's and the injection. to be honest with you, since i am on the water, i kind of like the carbs a little more since i can pre-mix and not have to worry about a kinked line and the engine burning up do to lack of oil. that and there is no computer that i have to deal with when tuning it, makes life a little easier too.

if you have anything else that you are adding or modding on the ski, please post it, i love to see mods of all kinds on all things (except ricers, never got into those things)

yea, the 3D not the x3. whatever. the newer "muscle craft" are still the GPR but they are the EFI 1300. I have the carbed 1200. main difference is 100cc's and the injection. to be honest with you, since i am on the water, i kind of like the carbs a little more since i can pre-mix and not have to worry about a kinked line and the engine burning up do to lack of oil. that and there is no computer that i have to deal with when tuning it, makes life a little easier too.

if you have anything else that you are adding or modding on the ski, please post it, i love to see mods of all kinds on all things (except ricers, never got into those things)

Pre-mix does have that added bonus, If I had carbs on my machine I could twick it a little more than I am, You can only do so much with that ECU. Good to know there is someone else into skis here. I will defenetly keep you posted on my additions. You should post your machine, I'd like to check it out.

Thanks,
Paul

You won't get flamed on here. Fun is fun, no matter what you drive!!!.CR

Thank you, I am on some other forums where you can get flamed over a simple question...(it is not a car related forum) So I am used to putting that caveat in there. I really like it here.

Paul

Little update,

My dad and I put the head and ECU back in the sea-doo, The shop did not have the prop I needed in stock, so I still have to put that on. But I will say that with just the head being milled and the ECU being re-programed it's amazing.

It has defenetly gained noticable power from bottom to top end. I did not clock it, but just from feel, I would say it gained 5 mph on the top end. When I put the new prop in the top speed will probably drop back down to stock which is a little over 50mph, But I will get there much quicker! hahaha.

If anyone buys a sea-doo, google perry performance group and see what they have to offer, I highly recomend their services. Its a great mod!

I will try to get some pictures to throw on

Thanks
Paul

Latest posts

Back