Hotrodding a religious experience

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJunktionMike

Something's wrong with that boy!
Over the years my house has become a hot spot for the door to door religious group to come and pay a visit. All thanks to my boy’s who think its fun to toy with them, I'm sure they believe we are a bunch of heathens that need saving. So like clockwork they show up once a month to share the gospel. Most of the time I manage to avoid them, but a couple day’s ago I was the only one home and was working in the driveway. I hear someone call out hello so I flipped up my welding mask and there I was, cornered in the driveway.

The couple (I would say were in their 70’s) came walking up the driveway and asked if my son was home. I told them he was out, so he handed me some pamphlets and asked if I would give them to my son. Then here came the question, so what are your views on the lord? I explained I really don't have a view but I carry this belief. I would rather live like there is a god and die and find out there isn't a god, then live like there is no god and die and find out there is a god. Of course this opened me up to the gospel. The conversation went on for maybe 10 minutes. During this time I kept noticing the man wife would lean to the side and look past me. She did this several times during the conversation. Just as soon as her husband said thanks for your time, She spoke up and asked “what kind of car are you building in your garage”.

I asked them if they were car people, and they told me they sure are. So I invited them into the garage to take a look at the 32 Chevy I'm working on. The only talk for the next 30 minutes was cars. They complimented on my work man ship after I gave them the run down on the work that has been done so far. I got to listen to a cool story about his brother back in the day’s of old. He told me back before child labor laws his brother worked with their dad building a bridge out of Chicago. He would take part of his money and set it aside to buy a car. The day finally came that he had the money to purchase a car, but not just any car, he had his heart set on a 32 Deuce. It took some doing but he finally talked his dad into letting him buy one. The glory days didn't last very long, His dad put the brakes on him diving because he was sure his son was going to kill himself.

When they were leaving, they ask if I wouldn't mind the next time they are here to see my son, if they could pop over to the garage and check out the car.

There is something about hotrods that close the gaps in life. :cool:

Last edited:
There are definitely things in life everyone can appreciate, cool old cars is one, but religion is definitely not one of those things...

Latest posts

Back