How about a story

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One

I was just sitting here thinking about some of the things I got into and the things I heard along my travels and a story I remembered brought a smile to my face. Seems there was this guy who had a car back in the 70s that had 2 motors in in, one in the front and one in the back. One day when the cops got after him he and he fliped a switch and the seconed motor came on. He was on county road witch is about 20 miles or so that connect 2 countys.The cops radioed ahead to the other county that he had entered there county and as the cop was talking on the radio, the car passed them.The car was going so fast that it beat the radio signel there.Thats 20 miles it went in just a few seconeds. The man who told me this had a strait face and expected me and my brother to belive it.

Have any of you got story as good or better? Please write it here if you do.[cl[cl

I bought a new saw, had a special blade on it that was able to cut very thin pieces from a board. It took a couple of tries, but I was able to have one piece so thin that it only had one side.;)

My buddy Dale who I work with is a machinist, (probably the best lathe hand I've ever seen) used to work back east making injection molds. Anyway, one day an engineer at the mold shop asked Dale how many pounds were in a ton? Dale didn't really care for this guy so he answered with a straight face, 1000 lbs. of course. [ddd

I worked "with" two brothers who were both full of, uh, BS.

Genius #1 was a mechanical wizard. :rolleyes: Told me he and his buddy built a go-cart when he was 13. Sparing you the painful details, he said it would do 180 MPH. Yeah, right. 180. Maybe metric KPH, but that's still 120 MPH in a homemade cart. Not likely, Einstein.

Genius #2 claimed (among other things) to be a musician of great notoriety. Said he toured with April Wine. (A Canadian rock band) Uh, excuse me genius? April Wine got started in 1969 and was pretty much done in the 80's, about the same time genius was born. :D

I loved April Wine. Those guys were awesome.

Welcome back to 1978!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usWQOPTORn8

April Wine is back together and currently touring this country at small venues. Scheduled to play in my backyard Nov 3. Grab yer arctic gear and come up. :D

Another story...

My buddy owned a repair shop. For a short time, he employed this half-wit who was always good for some far-fetched stories and claims. So I drop in there one day. Half-wit is working on a wiring job. I look over his shoulder and say, "I hate wiring. Well, I don't really hate it, but I have trouble telling some colors apart".

Half-wit, "Me too. Actually, I'm completely color-blind".

Me, "How the **** do you know what wire goes with what?"

Half-wit, "I can tell colors by feel." :eek:

I walked away trying not to laugh out loud. When I looked back, he was doing some kind of Stevie Wonder thing. That was too much. I burst out laughing and at least two ounces of pee joined the party.

Latest posts

Back