How do you not notice...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

THAT YOUR ENTIRE WHEEL IS GONE!

I got a text from a lady friend that her mom had called her and said that she had lost a tire on her way to work but didn't realize it was gone till she got to work. We both assumed that she just got a flat that went down slowly and she didn't realize it cause the roads are mostly snow covered. So thru more conversation we realize that she lost the entire wheel and tire... Not a flat tire.

She had no clue at what time her tire came off or where! Luckily as I turned a corner I saw her brake drum sticking out of the snow bank. As soon as I jumped out to grab the drum I saw the tire track going up the same snow bank. Her tire had jumped the bank and hit a small tree. She had drive on the hub for about a 1/4 mile and just thought that her muffler fell off and was dragging!!!!:eek::eek:

I had a young lady call me at night and said she had a flat, changed it and then went about a mile and had another flat so I sent a wrecker for it and she had put the spare on backwards so it was jammed up against the rotor and never turned, just wore off a flat spot until it blew out. I never did understand how you could tell you had a flat but couldn't tell you had a front tire that wasn't going around.

Not to be sexist but most women I know (my wife incuded) only know how to put gas in the tank and are clueless about the rest of the car, including driving but sure seems like you'd notice something when making a turn! :eek:

Having four wheels is SO over rated ! 3 work just fine ! :D

Don

Can't wait to see your next 3 wheel build! [ddd

Toad

[S[S[S[S[S[S I drove a rail dune buggy about 28 miles to the house without the front tire but the brakes locked up so I just took it off ,, and boy do you get some fingers pointing at you and then they holler at ya ,, hey did you know you lost a wheel ? DA !!!!!!! no, I didnt ,,,, where ????? I wonder how many people saw her going down the road just a sparking ... [cl[cl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycledog View Post
Honest mistake. Come on admit it, it's happened to us all at one time or another.
Ummm... really?!?

BoB

Sarcasm Bob, sarcasm.

Delivered the car today to the owners garage where her husband fixed it. The aluminum wheel has been ran loose and had the holes egg shaped. HE PUT IT BACK ON THE CAR!!!! In pretty sure he has good life insurance on his wife lol.
I told her to not drive it and I will find her a new wheel before she gets killed.

21 you are a real spoil sport....

Delivered the car today to the owners garage where her husband fixed it. The aluminum wheel has been ran loose and had the holes egg shaped. HE PUT IT BACK ON THE CAR!!!! In pretty sure he has good life insurance on his wife lol.
I told her to not drive it and I will find her a new wheel before she gets killed.

Trying to screw up the guys plans?? :D

Latest posts

Back