How fast is yor rat? let's post some facts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old bone

Banned
How fast is your rat? please specify HP, tranny, rear end ratio, weight of vehicle , tire size, wheel base, any track times if you got em...

12.20's a few years ago. 355. with 10.5 forged pistons. Comp 292 cam, Trickflow aluminum heads, Tunnel Ram with 2 450 Holleys, built 350 trans, 430-9inch rear, tubbed with Mickeys. Don't know the H/P......CR

How fast is your rat? please specify HP, tranny, rear end ratio, weight of vehicle , tire size, wheel base, any track times if you got em...

Er... my car runs in the 9's... yeah, that's right... the 9's!?!? [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• daytripper.jpg
    daytripper.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 49
i get some death wobble between 75 and 80mph. You can drive out of it, but by that time your doing close to 90.

454 w/396 intake, 4bbl,, mallory dual pts, headers. TH400, 9" w/ltd slip. 3.9s ,7.50-16s

I never had my 27 on the track when it was a 302 but I am about to change that next October at the Billetproof Drags. Now that it is a 331 stroker with a 4:30 posi I expect it to pull pretty well, if I can get it to hook up.

As for my 23 I'm a little afraid of it ever since that little 3 lane sideways slide I did a little while back. :eek:

Don

Mines not fast either. But it's loud and scares the people on the jogging trail, which is more important to me. 170hp maybe.

My new speedster project will be even less fast - 40hp, depending where the spark lever is set. Whhooo!

Mine "was" real fast. Cops said I must have been doing right at 70 when I hit that damn tree. It had just shifted out of 2nd and had just about got both front wheels down........

RS

Well my rat isn't finished yet so I don't know. However, my 66 Chevelle was very fast. Had a 30 over 454 with a muncie 4 speed and 3:73 posi rear. The engine was built to LS6 spec, and then some. Estimated to be around 550 to 570 hp. Now this car was so fast..... how fast was it? ....... It was so fast that from a standing start, you'd wind er up to about 5800 rpm, dump the clutch, and it would launch itself so hard that for a split second you could see yourself in the rear view mirror. Yup, that's right. ;)

Now if I get my way, that engine will find it's way into my rat.

Attachments

• Family 001.jpg
    Family 001.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 66 Chevelle 015.jpg
    66 Chevelle 015.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 12
Mines not fast either. But it's loud and scares the people on the jogging trail, which is more important to me. 170hp maybe.

My new speedster project will be even less fast - 40hp, depending where the spark lever is set. Whhooo!

You probably should stop driving on the joggers trail. ;)

My wife says my truck sounds really fast. Does that count?

327 straight 8 rated at 155hp 275lb ft torque with 7.8 to 1 compression on a 2 barrel carter and an ultramatic trans and a 3.52 rear end. I picked up a factory 4 barrel intake and I plan on building some headers and maybe get an old mcculloch to help that comp ratio.

Latest posts

Back