How I Built a Body in 1800 Easy Steps !!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright roddguy 1 - when do you go into production ? - That is just a fantasticly great looking job - That is some Old World craftsmanship you put into it.

The car looks fantastic, awesome craftsmanship.:cool:
Thanks for sharing your talent with us...
And yes, I am Googling now, looking foreward to the next lesson. '22

Thanks fellas. I concider this very high praise from guys that I know are equally tallented.

Flipper, yes he is very happy and excited about the car. So much so in fact that the project I'm on now is another job from him. Gotta love a happy customer. :D

Rodguy, way back when this thread started i found it over lunch at work.. and i told myself i didn't want to just skim this thread.. so i decided to close it and wait till i had time to take it all in... for whatever reason i waited till now... man that is truly fantastic.. you are an artist with metal... that is an undertaking most very talented builders wouldn't attempt my hats off to you...

now.. i just need to get some metal.. some some mdf.. and follow the 1800 steps and i can do that too.. right? haha.. thanks for sharing that with us

looks good. Killer fab skills. My dad used to restore MG's and we did 2 TC's. thought we did them back to stock with all new hard wood. every one of these cars were hand built so no 2 fenders will ever fit another car. Nice work!

Thanks guys for all your nice comments. We had the MG to the Performance World Car show in Toronto back in early March. It was very well recieved. I also had a chance to meet Sniper there, that was cool. [cl

Rodguy:

I just joined the forum and just completed reading/viewing your entire project. Wow! You set the standard for quality and I look forward to seeing more of your work. Thanks for posting this thread.

38C

Thanks earthman, I finally got that info you asked for.
The stuff I use is called Fusor. It's a two part mixing system which does require a special application gun, and uses automixing tips. The same company also makes other epoxy based glues for plastic/fiberglass glueing and bumper repairs. Most automotive paint supply stores can get the Fusor products or 3M also has similar products. You may also be able to borrow or rent the application gun from them as well.
I used the Fusor 112B on this project. It has a 45 minute working time, and 24 hr full dry. To prep the two surfaces to be glued they must be ruffed up with a 36 grit grinding disc untill all paint and primer has been removed. Mate the two surfaces together and clamp or temperarily screw nail every six inches for best results. When done properly it is much stronger than welding.

Here are a couple pics of the system.

Attachments

• Temp shop pics 005.jpg
    Temp shop pics 005.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Temp shop pics 006.jpg
    Temp shop pics 006.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 19
our body shop at the dealership uses it all the time. I have tried it on some patch panels and it is awesome stuff. just make sure both pieces are clean and down to bare metal.

Latest posts

Back