How much clear coat should it take!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
A friend has an art car Caddy ambulance that's pretty kool (dig the fins). He's disabled & wants to clear coat it & is wondering how much he will need to do the dirty dead. He really has a sense of humor because he's on oxygen & his car is painted with cigs! They are trying to sell him a gallon but I don't think he'll need that much. Anyone have a clue how much it would take? I suggested he just rattle can clear on it!

BoB

Attachments

• alex.jpg
    alex.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 78
1 qt to a 1 1/2 qts should put 2 good coats on it. It all depends on the type of gun, how thick, how many coats, how good the sprayer is etc. cool paint job though.

For what its worth, My 40+ years as a painter says 1 gallon, hardner and reducer to give you 1 1/2 gallons sprayable. big problems if you run out of material right at the end....Just a profesional Opinion

I agree, who want's to go through all of the prep work, swetin' buckets on that Huge land barge then fall short at the end. alwayse look ahead and ask yourself do I want to do this the first time or twice....$$$$ everything twice.
Been there and don't want to go back!!!

Latest posts

Back