How much did you pay for fuel today ??$$??$$

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ran some errands and regular has jumped to $ 3.39 just this morning. Premium is still not so bad though, I guess because they are selling less of it than regular grade.

Don

$3.31 Here in MI....

Averages between 3.27 and 3.40 depending where you drive...went down to 3.28 in this city but only last 1 day then up to 3.31 of course that's .9 so 3.32

Have to edit this thing....went back out after being in the office for 2 hours and the price was back up to 3.56 .9....WTHeck!!:eek:

Last edited:
Gas here yesterday was 3.13 with the 15 cents off per gallon for having the value card it came to 2.98. Of course you can only buy 20 gallons at that price.

Prices here hovering around $1.20/litre, $4.48/US gal.

What kills me is we have our own bloody oil, and a refinery in our back yard. Yet we pay the same price or MORE than regions that have it trucked from HERE! Where's the logic in that? [S

And the taxes, another bone of contention. Some stations post this graph on their pumps. (As if to say, "We don't make much"). Well, thanks for that. Now I'm mad at you and the gov't. :mad:

fueltax.gif

ATT00046.gif

Rant complete. Don't get me started on the price of beer. :D

Went from 3.29 to 3.35 to 3.49 in two days in ashboro n.c. It takes two months to go down any at a couple cents at a time but somehow it can go up twenty cents in two days. What's wrong with this picture?:confused:

Hi Everyone

I live in the upstate NY area. Payed for regular gas at a locally owned station we are sitting at 3.79 9/10 a gallon. Cigarettes are going over $10.00 a pack too....I have 6 more long years in the "vampire" state and then off to the midwest where my son lives. (He is in NE Kansas).

MikeC

I took my roadster to a gas station today that sells non ethanol gas and paid $ 3.99 a gallon or 90 octane. I dumped in some octane booster because I am going to race it next Sunday at the Billetproof drags and wanted as good of gas as I could get in there. I have to admit, the car felt better on the trip home, could be my imagination, but it pulled a little harder.:)

Don

I don't think it's your imagination, Don. I've put booster in "premium" gas, and could tell the difference.

Octane and lead? Give me a double shot, please.

Back when I was racing stock cars in the 80s and 90s we could buy 104 octane racing fuel at the track ($4/gallon). And you could tell a difference from pump gas. Car ran better, you could bump the timing a little and it would run cooler by a few degrees. [cl

Last edited:
Gas in my town has been about $ 3.35 for regular and $ 3.65 for premium. The other day I took my roadster for a little drive about 40 miles north of here and regular was $ 3.29 and I filled up with premium at $ 3.51. I would have no complaints if it stays at those levels, but we all know the other shoe will drop sooner or later. :(

Don

I ran into town this morning and filled everything I had with $3.02 a gal gas [ddev
94 octane was $3.46 last Sat. and I filled the 40 Pontiac up :D
This afternoon 87 octane went to $3.19 [S
Diesel went from $3.46 to $3.76 :mad:
The stuff goes up 15 to 30 cents at a time and drops a penny or 2 at a time :mad:

Jim

$3.27 today @ the local station. I think I caught a glimps of a station that had it for $3.24 somewhere while I was out today.
As a side comment,A month or so ago I ran to arkansas to get the front axle for my current project.My DD truck is a Ex. Cab 2000 Z71 with a 4" lift,and a little bigger tire than stock.Truck has about 190,000 miles on a 5.3L and a 4l60 Cold air intake,and a better than stock exhaust system.I have NEVER gotten better than 14-15 MPG highway with this truck,BUT on this trip I stopped at a station that claimed they had ethanol free gas,we were bone dry and so I filled it up. The night turned into morning,and as the trip meter reached the 425 mark (most EVER with this truck) we pulled into the drive at our destination.I did NOTHING different than normal,and when I went to fill back up after a little nap I still had 3 gallons left in the tank ! Thats around 18 MPG FOLKS ! Sorry for the long story guys just thought I would put that out there as part of the Gas thing. :(

Latest posts

Back