How much would you pay for this....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I understand that this stuff is getting harder to find (particularly up here in the north) and that anything can be fixed, but....... I walked away from one just like this a few years ago. As I grow older, just turned 50, my time isn't cheap. I would sooner pay top dollar for something much more worthy than invest my valuable time trying to return this body to service. So, what would I pay? I'd be looking at scrap value only. Just my humble opinion.

That's just what I was thinking as well. I figured around $150 is about all its worth. I'm only 28, so I have time lol, but I was thinking turn it in to a truck cab and just do away with the trunk section. I forgot to say its a '31 Model A.

Hi Tripper. We are both looking for the same kind of project; a '30-'31 Model A, so I am taking a special interest here. Here are some up-sides for me. [1] I build cars for the fun of the build. [2] I have a '30 roadster with a good trunk for parts and most of both coupe doors. Now the down-sides. [1] There looks like a way too much fun in that car for me. [2] I need the whole roof and it's mostly not there.
Walk away from this one at any price.

You might get some useful parts out if this, but that is it. If it had stuff I needed, I would consider the value of those parts only. As a project, NOT! Just too thin.

With rust up into the roof section and the window jambs too....
Might not even be able to save it really....metal looks way too thin...

Tops $400.00

It is gonna need every patch panel made for a model A coupe and then some...

My 2 cents

MikeC

Tin termites have already got the best of that one. Might be good to make patterns off of, but like others said, looks as it's gonna need every panel made. Might as well just buy the panels and build your own.
Too much rust to save that one, scrap price sounds about right....

I agree with all you guys, I just wanted to get your opinions. I doubt he will sell it for what I'm willing to pay. When I talked to him Thursday afternoon, he said his bottom dollar was $650 and I'm not about to pay that. I found a clean Tudor sedan for $500 o.b.o. but no doors as well.

Latest posts

Back