How to build a Rat Rod -----Pinto

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suicidepinto

Four years ago I started to create a Rat Rod from my 1977 Ford Pinto Hatchback. Life seemed to have gotten in the way of this project. Now I am back on track and I will keep posting as I make progress. I have zero money in this car to start with. I have had this car stored in my garage since 1988. I post how the car looked when I started. The original posting in 2008 stated that I was taking off the fenders and hood. I did exactly that. Take a look at what I have done and if all goes as plans I will be adding more photos and details in coming weeks and months.

Attachments

• Here is what I started with..jpg
    Here is what I started with..jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Suicide hinges built from scrap.JPG
    Suicide hinges built from scrap.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Hinges welded inside..JPG
    Hinges welded inside..JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Door latch moved from passenger side to drivers side..JPG
    Door latch moved from passenger side to drivers side..JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Stock door latch moved from back to front..JPG
    Stock door latch moved from back to front..JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Suicide door open..jpg
    Suicide door open..jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Door opens - notice door handle..JPG
    Door opens - notice door handle..JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Welded in braces..jpg
    Welded in braces..jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Started cutting off the front end..jpg
    Started cutting off the front end..jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Before cutting down hood for visor.jpg
    Before cutting down hood for visor.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 70
I'll hold off on my judgment of the fenderless idea until I see where you take this, but I'm leery of it. Carry on, I'll be watchin'.... [P

I think i like it? Keep that front suspention their bitchen, i use one on my cj2 rod. Put it suicide in front of the grill ??
All hot rods are kool. :cool:

Hi

do you have any parts left from the engine from the Pinto, carb, distributor, fuel pump, intake exhaust manifolds etc, I need stuff for my 2.3 that i converted from Turbo to carb

No problem Don, I made some more! [P[P[P

I saw an older Toyota Corolla that was cut up like an open wheel modified that was real cool.

four years ago i started to create a rat rod from my 1977 ford pinto hatchback. Life seemed to have gotten in the way of this project. Now i am back on track and i will keep posting as i make progress. I have zero money in this car to start with. I have had this car stored in my garage since 1988. I post how the car looked when i started. The original posting in 2008 stated that i was taking off the fenders and hood. I did exactly that. Take a look at what i have done and if all goes as plans i will be adding more photos and details in coming weeks and months.

more photos !!!!!!

Attachments

• Making template for visor.jpg
    Making template for visor.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Hood cut into visor.jpg
    Hood cut into visor.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Hood section starts to be visor.jpg
    Hood section starts to be visor.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Fabricated end caps and welded them into place..jpg