how to dispose of molasses

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

Sometimes i think post's can to be too short.
Case in point, above.
How does one dispose of used molasses after using to remove rust from metal?

I am gathering up the materials to build a molasses pool. Literally. I need to De-Rust a bunch of parts, including an entire truck cab AND bed.
I'm not really sure what the heck ima gonna do with all this extra potion once completed.
any ideas?

If you have a gravel driveway, use something to level it out and loosen it up a bit. (Scarifier or harrows, a couple of inches deep is enough.) Spray or drizzle the water/molasses mix into the loose layer enough to make it damp, tamp or roll it down tight and let it set for a day. Should go as hard as stone. It will soften up a bit after a 2 or 3 day rain, but will reharden when it drys out. You can get a whole summer out of one application as a rule. Cold climates with frost and freeze thaw cycle will lessen the effect. Give it another shot in the springtime.:)

If you have a gravel driveway, use something to level it out and loosen it up a bit. (Scarifier or harrows, a couple of inches deep is enough.) Spray or drizzle the water/molasses mix into the loose layer enough to make it damp, tamp or roll it down tight and let it set for a day. Should go as hard as stone. It will soften up a bit after a 2 or 3 day rain, but will reharden when it drys out. You can get a whole summer out of one application as a rule. Cold climates with frost and freeze thaw cycle will lessen the effect. Give it another shot in the springtime.:)

Dang! Now i wish i had my gravel driveway entention added now. That would be perfect.

What if i live in suburbia?
Would it hurt grass if poured out on it? [S

City sewer not likr the stuff?

When I was researching the use of molasses everything said to just dump it on the grass and it would actually enrich the soil. Several YouTube videos said the same thing.

Don

No, they are just so slow it seems that way. :( I decided to give them a second chance a little while ago and when the food came it was cold, ICE cold. So I handed it back to her and told her we were out of there.

Don

Latest posts

Back